I want that future. Is it that bad to want something?

The soft glow around us brought by the candles only made this sacrifice more real. Back then I would never sacrifice myself over someone, but that had changed the moment I met Lex.

She became my everything...always will.

"Ready when you are, Zach" Lucia softly told me as she approached where Lex and I lay in the middle of the clearing with scented candles formed in a circle around us.

I nodded, my eyes met my mothers tearful ones, remembering how she wept and cried in my arms saying that this is wrong, that there's another way, that I don't have to do this while my father just tries to hold her with tears in his eyes

My father gave me a sad smile filled with pain but with pride as he nodded at me. He has always been my supporter, always had and always will no matter how hard it is.

I tried catching Ducleus' eyes but he kept his eyes bowed down, a shake and tremble on his body as tears wet the snow beneath his feet.

The last remaining Spartans had decided to come and watch me off, placing their fists on their right chest as a show of allegiance, respect and loyalty while I did the same for them.

Then the Riley's, Fernando and Grayson as they watch me solemnly; Fernando keeping up a cold facade even when his eyes are shining with tears. As for Grayson, he let them fall slowly yet he gave me a sad smile; an encouragement and a smile of respect and loyalty.

The Collins, and even the Andersons had come. All looking solemn.

Lastly, my eyes sought out Lex...my Alexandrielle. Memorising every features, every sense, every memory, every moment, and every touch of her deep within me; willing myself never to forget her before taking her hands in mind, entwining our fingers together as I close my eyes tightly, basking in this last moment with her.

Our past hadn't been easy. We were kept being thrown down on the ground, we kept falling yet we continued to stand.

I remember the conditions of this sacrifice. Lucia had told us about about her vision when she held Alexandrielle. She had always known that there's a way to save us but the process of it is the mystery. Everything was cleared when she fell in that vision.

The goddess Aleera had spoken.

One will be saved while the other has to suffer the consequences. I chose to suffer. Lex had been through enough. She's a beautiful person. She is just raised wrong, made wrong. She deserve to see the brighter side of the world no matter how painful it is for me that it won't be me beside her to show her that. It hurts, it feels like killing me but it's better. She deserves to see the beauty in this world, to live a life she should be living; a beautiful joyous life even though I'm not in it.