Snow Beauty

Morning had come and Yume & Subaru were in better spirits then the other day, they set forth on their journey ready to take on anything.

"I THINK THAT BUSH JUST MOVED!!" Yume cried

"M-maybe it was just the wind," said Subaru

"No, I know saw it-" Then the bush shook again "See? I told you!"

Subaru reached into his hat and pulled out a golf club. "I'm sure it's just a rabbit or a cow or a -" Then suddenly, a boy poked his head above the bush.

"AAH!!" They screamed, Subaru swung his club but missed by an inch and he lost his balance and fell over.

"Whoa! Is this how you greet strangers?" the boy asked

"Who are you?" Yume asked

"Prince Tsubasa Sena, of the bushes,"

"The what!?!"

"I'm joking, but I am a prince," Sena told them "I am in searching of the sleeping princess, Akari Oozora," he turned to Yume. "It isn't you by any chance, is it?"

"No, I'm Yume Nijino," she said

"And I'm The Mad Hatter!" said Subaru "But my friends call me Subaru,"

"Well it is nice to meet people from Wonderland," said Sena

"How did you know ..." Yume started

"My first hint would be his hat," he said "But have you seen a tower, covered with roses?"

"Sure it's right behind you," said Subaru

"It's -" Sena turned and saw a tower, covered with roses. He face-palmed himself. "Thank you," he said between gritted teeth.

"So why are you looking for this sleeping princess?" Yume asked

"She's been under a curse to sleep for 100-years," Sena explained

"That's a lot of years!" Subaru gasped

"If I kiss her, then it should break the curse,"

"Ooh!! Can we come with?" Yume asked

"You wan to ... come?" Sena echoed

"Yeah!" Subaru agreed "We're not 100% sure how the whole 'kiss breaks curse' thing,"

"Uh ..."

"PLEASE!!" They begged

"I ... ugh, you better be gone when she wakes up,"

"Oh yeah,"

"Sure, sure,"

~~~~~

The three of them walked to the tower, searching for the door. "There isn't a door anywhere," Yume observed "Only a window all the way at the top ... wow ..."

"Don't worry," said Sena "I shall climb up the vines of the roses. The thorns may poke and scratch at me, but it will be worth it to -"

"HEY!!" Subaru called "While you were jabbering on about the cuts you don't have I took a latter out of my hat and we climbed up here!"

Sena sighed "Come on slow poke!" Yume called

Sena climbed, when they reached the top they saw the Princess Akari lying soundly in her bed and looking strangely beautiful while she slept.

"Is that her?" Subaru asked

"No, I'm sure we just entered the wrong tower," Sena said sarcastically

"Oh well," Subaru sighed "Oh to the next tower!"

"He's joking!" Yume said as she stopped him from climbing back down. "So ... are you going to kiss her now?"

"Yes," Sena answered

There was a long pause.

"So ... any time now," said Yume

"Okay," Sena walked over to Akari and knelt beside her. He looked at her ruby lips then at Subaru and Yume.

"So are you nervous or ...?" Subaru asked

"Could you, maybe, look away," said Sena "You know, give us some privacy?"

"Oh! sure!" said Yume

"Sure, but why did you bring us here if we were just going to look away?" Subaru asked

"What I - Ugh!" Sena face palmed himself then shook back into the Prince Charming act.

He leaned in closer .... closer ... as close as he could possible get then -

"So how did she fall asleep?" Yume asked

"Ugh!"

"Oh, sorry," Yume bit her lip "But, now that I've asked, how did she fall asleep?"

"A curse placed upon her by Elza Forte. Now do. You. Mind?"

"Oh, right, right. Get right back onto kissing," said Yume before she turned back and peeked with Subaru.

Sena leaned in closer and closer until ... he kissed her. A second had before ... he fell asleep.

"Oh!" said Subaru

"Was that suppose to happen?" Yume asked

"I don't think so," said Subaru "Maybe in another hundred years someone will come kiss them both,"

"Yeah," Yume nodded "Come on, let's get back on the road!"