The Mad Hatter

"Subaru?" Yume repeated "That's your name?"

"Yep! And what are you a tomato?" Yume was taken aback

"A what?"

"It's a fruit -"

"Vegetable," said Asahi

"It's a fruit," Subaru continued "It's square with six sides and it's all red, like your face,"

"Must be from the cold," said Asahi

Yume touched her face, it didn't feel red. But then again, she didn't know what a red face felt like.

"So why did you need me, Tomato?" Subaru asked

"Oh right!" Yume exclaimed, remembering her soul purpose in this land (to leave) "I need you take me to Ice Flower,"

"ICE FLOWER!?!" Subaru and Asahi cried. It was all of a sudden chaotic, Asahi started panicking and running around like crazy as if something was chasing him.

"You got the wrong person, Tomato," said Subaru

"You're the Mad Hatter aren't you?" Yume asked

"Well ... yes. And I know you think you know who am even if you do know who I am but I'm not who you think I am and I don't to be the person you are thinking of even if it is me,"

"I ... What?" Yume shook it off "Don't you know where she is?"

"I know where she lives," said Subaru "But I wouldn't go there for anything! Not for all the tea in the world! I may be mad but I'm not that crazy," As Asahi started running over to them Subaru took him by the head and pushed him aside (don't do this at home) "How about instead you stay for tea time?"

"But it's still early morning," Yume observed

They laughed. "Silly girl," said Asahi "It's always tea time! It says so on my watch!" Asahi held up his pocket watch up to Yume's face (and much closer then she preferred) but she noticed that the clock had lost it's tick.

"Come on let's go," said Subaru "Tea is waiting outside,"

"Yeah!" said Asahi

"No!" said Yume "I want to go home and the only one who can take me home is Ice Flower and you're the only one who knows where she lives so you have to take me to her!"

"Have to?" Subaru said with a laugh "Who made you the queen? I don't have to take you anywhere, especially to Ice Flower,"

"But I want to go home,"

"Hmm ... Oh! I know!" said Asahi "This could be your home!"

"No!" Yume and Subaru said in unison

"Aw, why not?" he asked "We have the room! And tea parties everyday! And we can play games,"

"But I want to go home, in my world," Yume told him

"Why?" Asahi asked "Why do you want to go home so badly? This place is awesome! It says so on my watch,"

"I guess I'm ... Home sick,"

The two gasped.

"Is it contagious?" Subaru asked

"What? No! It just means I'm missing home. So could you please take me to Ice Flower so she can get me home?"

"No!" said Subaru "I'm not taking you to her and that's final! Do you want a cookie?" Out of no where Subaru handed Yume a plate of cookies.

Yume pushed them away "If you won't take me to Ice Flower then I'll go myself,"

They laughed even harder "You won't survive in Contefee on your own!" said Subaru

"Watch me," Yume turned then marched over to a path she saw earlier, it had to be the way.

~~~~~

"Wow she's really doing it," said Asahi

"Yeah ... want to play Hide-and-Seek again?" Subaru asked

"Oh no,"

"Why? I thought you liked it,"

"Not that," said Asahi "She's heading over to the Queen's castle,"

Subaru turned to where Yume was going. "Oh ... she is ..." Then he gasped "HEY!! TOMATO! WAIT!"