Chapter 2

As I walked through the humid mid-night, the memories of seven years ago replayed. Mud slapped at the worn boots as they traveled across the flank of dead memories, sweat dripped down the small of my back and matted down dark locks to my brow. As I reached the single standing wall among what was left of the burned rubble, the constant tightness only grew a more tight bubble of grief as I remembered. 

Crouching down in front of a wall and starring up at the starless night, much has changed since the time a naive child played in the dew tipped grass chasing crickets. No tears were shed as I sat here, no more were left to shed.

Rummaging from my left drew my attention as a mass of blonde popped out around the wall.

"Enron, Axel is looking for you!" Ezmin sang. Although to most eyes Ezmin seemed to not have a single fear or care for what was left of the world, as I did when she first found me. She has as dark as secrets as any would when they've seen the horrors of not so long ago. 

Standing and beginning the trek back along side Ezmin. We approached the hidden storage ware-house, everyone stayed in for the time being. Ezmin opened the gated door allowing herself and then myself in.

In front stood several stray kids of all ages, all of them found like I was through the years. The building was nothing more than a bare storage ware-house, along with abandoned cubicals that we changed into a few private bedrooms. Shifting through the varied age ranges, making my way to Axel's cube.

He sat behind a makeshift desk reading reports from the front runners. Glancing up to glare at me. He stood walking forward, engulfing me in a hug with one hand clasped around mine between our chests. He gave a small nod acknowledging where I'd been, but a smile never grazed his lips.

"What did you need Axel?"I questioned, as his face turned grim.

"We have a new mission." He paused before continuing, "You, Ezmin, and I are all following this together. We have a lead from seven years ago before the attacks