Chapter 60 | Forgotten

Fact #30: In the modern world, Aneko would be one of those students that would argue with the teacher on the correct answer.

°Aneko's POV°

"What?" I repeated, looking at Danzo through my mask.

"You'll be held off the missions for a while," Danzo said, looking back, "I want you to be a spy, bring me daily updates on the Village."

"Hai." I said, standing up and walking out, my expression was covered by my mask but I knew for a fact it was blank.

The eyes of the other Division Members watched me carefully as I walked out and closed the door.

Through the door I heard Mari immediately stood up and excused herself and she made movements to follow me.

I stopped a couple of seconds to allow her to catch up.

She took off her mask, revealing her dark blue hair and light blue colored eyes.

"Kira." She said, watching me, her expression was careful as she knew what I was capable of.

"Mari." I said back looking at her every movement.

"Why are you pulled off from missions?" She asked, I looked at her for a moment before shrugging my shoulders.

"I don't think that's any of your business is it?" I said back, ready to leave.

"It is actually. You're part of the Division, we care about each other." She said, I thought back to Eiji's words.

"The Assassination Division cares! We care about each other! And we are going to care for you even if you don't want it."

I had no reply to her words as her blue eyes watched my blank expression,

"My best prediction on why I'm being pulled away from missions is because Uzumaki Naruto is back in the Village." I muttered, her icily blue eyes looked mildly surprised that I actually gave her an answer.

"But what does Uzumaki Naruto have to do with you?" She said, genuinely confused.

I took my mask off and looked at her with my pale purple eyes.

"Nice to meet you, Yuki Reiko, my name is Hideyoshi Aneko, however, you most likely know me as 'Team Seven's Genius'."

•0•

°Mari's POV°

"Nice to meet you, Yuki Reiko, my name is Hideyoshi Aneko, however, you most likely know me better as 'Team Seven's Genius'." She said, watching my expression with her cold pale purple eyes.

Haru already told me how she knew our real identities, but Kira is the infamous Genius that even defeated the Copy Ninja.

Surprised was definitely something I was feeling, however something small twisted my stomach.

She had a life outside of killing and she didn't even want it.

Jealously?

"You're the Genius?" I asked, the word got around that there was a genius shinobi who was so smart, she had everyone playing in her palms.

She looked at me. Her purple eyes were completely used to holding a strong wall in front of them. But, carefully.

You can knock down the wall.

"That name is awful." She said, not caring that half the village knew her because of her intelligence.

That's why she is Danzo's favorite, she seen the dark side of being a Shinobi being even joining the Division, that's why she is on a completely different status we were.