Between the blood and scary stuff, and the main characters having 0 common sense, I usually fall asleep.

     However, Kyle's laughter wakes me from my daze time and again. I realize that he came to this movie to make fun of it, not to enjoy it.

     He leans over to me and whispers. "How much you wanna bet Bobby there won't make it to the end?"

     I shrug unsurely , and Bobby is immediately shot to the ground.

     "You're good." I whisper to Kyle.

    When the movie ends, I find myself laughing with him surprisingly. He scoops up my hand in his, and he leads me out of the cinema in front of Fern and Leo.

     I try to ignore the sensation I get when holding Kyle's hand. It makes me nervous, and as we walk I try not to think about it too much.

     Kyle's hand stays enclosed around mine for most of the night. They don't fit perfectly, his hands are larger than mine, but it's hard to tell after a while.

On the way home, Fern smirks at me from the front seat. I roll my eyes.

     Okay... maybe Kyle isn't the worst... but he's still a little too sure of himself.

     When we arrive at my house, he hops out and walks me to the door.

     What do I say to him? I had a great time?

     "I had a great time." I mumble awkwardly.

     He smiles from green eye to eye. "Me too."

A breathless moment passes between us, and I'm suddenly aware of my rapidly beating heart. Fern and Leo, if not making out, were probably watching from the car.

What would they say about this awkward goodbye?

     I watch Kyle as he slowly starts to lean forward; my heart stops beating.

Is he going to kiss me?

     I've never kissed a boy before!

I stand deadly still, ignoring the waves of panic crashing against my stomach inside. I realize that I probably don't want to kiss Kyle. Definitely not yet, anyway.

     When his soft lips brush against my cheek, I sigh in relief.

His lips linger on my supple skin for a moment, before he pulls away grinning.

     He probably saw the panic in my eyes and decided not to kiss me on the lips.

     I manage a warm smile and open my front door. Kyle waves a gentle goodbye and I step inside my home. Finally, I'm alone.

It's 10 pm, I can hear Mom upstairs chatting on her phone.

Bryn walks to the door and smiles at me slyly.

"What?" I ask, suspicious.

Don't tell me she saw that?

"I can't wait to go to highschool."

My mouth drops in surprise when I think about Bryn being excited for highschool- based on the fact that she thinks she can date boys left and right.

"It's not all that." I say.

She shrugs. "A cute, strong brown-haired guy just walked you to the door and kissed you on the cheek. That's so romantic." She gushes, "I cant wait until-"

I raise a hand to silence my little sister. "Hold it, missy. That's not romantic. And that's not how guys really act in highschool."

"But he did!"

I frown. Yeah, I guess he did...

"That's one guy. Trust me, the boys at highschool are trash. Just focus on the guys at your school for now."

Bryn shrugs happily. "Fine by me."

I yawn, and Bryn and I both head upstairs to our rooms. I whisper goodnight to my mom, change into some comfy pajamas, and jump into my bed.

My phone buzzes and I quickly pull it out and check my message.

Good news, Blue: you're a lifesaver.

I smile when I read Anson's message. He must be talking about his night.

How was everything with your dad and his girlfriend? I take it she liked the gift card?

She LOVED it. Besides the fact that she's my dad's girlfriend, she's actually not so bad.

I grin to myself at the thought.

Happy to help.

So I've been dying to know.. how was the dreaded 'blind date'?

My grin disappears, and I feel uneasiness prickle beneath my skin. Why do I feel like I can't tell Anson the truth?

Honestly it went great. I think I should tell you more tomorrow.

I'll be counting on it.

Goodnight.

Night.

I turn my phone off and lay it on my bedside table. Anson won't like the fact that it was Kyle I went with.

But, I had fun... and if Kyle asks me out again, Anson will just have to cope.

Shaking the thoughts from my head, I curl up and close my eyes. Tomorrow morning comes early. Hopefully, not to early for Anson to take the news.

      Hey guys! It's me and I'm back with another update

Hey guys! It's me and I'm back with another update. This weekend is super busy for me but I made sure to get this post up. Also, thanks to those of you who have helped get His Blue to 5k views. That's awesome. Let's keep growing.

Now for today's questions...

What do you guys think about Kyle?

Will Anson be okay with Indie dating Kyle?

Kyle to me is a bit generic. Indie could do better.

Okay okay, see you next time...

~Malibu Gardner