Meeting

One could make a claim Roy was slightly jealous. He was the oldest of the sidekicks so far, and had the least experience.

It had taken an extremely long time to gain the attention of one of his favorite superheroes, Green Arrow. He'd been impressed by Roy's skill and decided to shape it. In doing so, it opened doors he couldn't have hoped to even get through.

He hadn't worked with GA long, but he loved every second of it, like it was something he was born to do. This partnership allowed him to meet other members of the Justice League.

Only three other members had proteges. Flash, Aquaman, and Batman.

While the Bat worked alone for the majority of the time, it hadn't taken Roy long to meet the other two.

Kid Flash struck him young and eager. The name suited him, he was like a kid version of the Flash. Incredibly smart, but also very ADHD. Unable to stand still and await instruction. Roy respected his desire to finish things quickly, as to move on to the next task. The Flash handled him well, reminding him to stay calm and focus on the task at hand.

The experience always brought a smile to the young archer's face.

Aqualad hadn't been this way. Far calmer. The two had clicked, working well together. They handled some sideline stuff while GA and Aquaman took care of bigger league related things. It had been the first time Roy had actually felt challenged. The two stayed connected working together multiple times on rather small incidents. Which he had been content with.

The only one he hadn't met was Robin.

He was Roy's opposite, the youngest of them with easily the most experience.

It was rare when the Bat was seen working with anyone outside of the small trusted circle. One that did not include Oliver Queen.

His mentor never seemed to be bothered by this fact. Telling Roy multiple times that's just how Batman was with everyone. He didn't feel like it was personal.

Apparently today was going to change that.

He and Batman had an assignment together. Infiltrating some big cooperation party in their civilian identities. Supposedly those two were the only ones that made the most since for the occasion.

While they were in the party, he would do recon with Robin.

He had no idea what to expect, not that he had with Kid Flash and Aqualad either. He'd been told that Robin was young and it showed, but he wasn't to underestimated. His skill set made up for it.

Robin had been active for three years now. Roy had been an archer for almost 2, and been Speedy for half that.

He and Arrow arrived to the meet-up location. Everything was going according to plan.

Batman was supposed to brief Robin first and send him on his way, and then meet Oliver and Roy at the meet-up point, brief the two of them, and then Roy was supposed to catch up and find Robin and continue on with recon.

Easy enough, something he'd done a hundred times now. Nothing to worry about.

But the idea of meeting Batman made him nervous. Another superhero he'd idolized, and he was getting the chance to work alongside his protege.

They stood in the dark alley.

Roy had his gear in the bag strapped to his back, he gripped the strap turning his knuckles white. He couldn't seem to calm down. Oliver took notice.

"Something on your mind?" He asked easily, leaning against the wall.

Roy shook his head. "No, I just want to get going."