They're picking me up here at around 6, meaning I have to get ready in the bookstore bathroom. My clothes are laid out in the back.

I roll my eyes.

Somewhere at the Percy Jackson display, a woman gets my attention, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Miss, I'm looking for book number one for my granddaughter."

I smile politely. "That's a great one." I slide a copy of The Lightening Thief off of the shelf and hand it to her.

"Thanks a million!" She smiles, before going up to the cash register to pay.

I smile and straighten up the display.

At the front of the store, behind me, I hear the bell ring as another customer enters.

When I turn around, I see Anson strolling over in my direction.

He flashes a bright smile.

"Is your job title 'the shelf tidier'?" He smirks.

I roll my eyes. "No."

"Could have fooled me."

I laugh. "Anson, What are you doing here?"

His visits have become quite frequent.

"Honestly, I needed a favor."

I raise a brow. Wonder what he needs from me?

"Tonight?" I ask.

He nods. "My Dad is bringing his girlfriend home to meet me. I'm freaking out."

I frown. "He has a girlfriend?"

Anson nods slowly. "I know- all that talk about not trusting women and now he's dating someone. I just found out today. He expects me to bring her a gift." His eyes roll and he frowns.

"Why should you get her a present?" I scoff. "You've don't even know her."

Anson shrugs. "I even doubt that my dad does. Honestly I can't see him having an emotional connection with anyone. I mean, I've not seen him in three days he's been so busy."

I pity him for a moment. His dad doesn't even see him every day. Now he's going to divide his time between Anson and a woman?

"So you need my help getting a present?" I clarify.

He nods. "Something a woman would like."

"Do you know anything about her?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

How can you get someone a gift that you don't know?

I bite my lip. "I have an idea."

I walk with Anson to the front of the bookstore by the cash register. This is where we sell gift cards and whatnot.

I pick up a gift card to Sarah's nail spa, day spa, and massage .

"If she's stressed, she can get a massage. If she needs a mani or pedi, she can get her nails done. If she needs a facial, they offer those, too. It's perfect for a woman". I hand it to him. "What do you think?"

His face lights up in relief, and I feel satisfied that I could help him. "You're genius, Blue."

     The gift card looks small against his large hands. He blinks down at it in satisfaction, before glancing up at me and smiling.