( nineteen )

More and more delinquents piled into the dropship, all holding cloths to their mouths as they coughed up blood

More and more delinquents piled into the dropship, all holding cloths to their mouths as they coughed up blood. Harley knew some of them weren't even ones that had touched Murphy, which meant the virus was incredibly contagious. She couldn't figure out why she hadn't caught it yet. Her throat hurt a bit, but she assumed it was from thinking she was going to become sick. Even so, she didn't leave.

Instead, Harley stayed and helped those who were. She had Clover rushing around outside as an extra hand, retrieving water and rations for the sick ones, while putting together plants into a medicine that wouldn't cure the disease but help the symptoms. Clover was raised on Farm Station, just like Monty, so the two put their heads together to figure out what they could come up with that could help.

Harley wiped her hands down with Monty's moonshine after helping a female inside and making sure she was comfortable enough. Clarke told her to continuously do so, just incase by some miracle Harley hadn't gotten the sickness. She put the top back on the container, turning around to see Clarke checking Octavia for any symptoms with a cloth pressed against her mouth with her brother watching over. Curiously, Harley walked towards them, hoping her friend was okay.

"We're done," Clarke confirmed, lowering the light. "No visible signs of swelling or bleeding."

"So you're saying she doesn't have it?" Bellamy questioned.

"I'm saying she doesn't have symptoms, but that could change," Clarke informed him seriously. "We need to keep her here just in case."

Disagreeing, Bellamy shook his head. "No way," he argued. "Look at this place. She'll get sick just being here."

Brightening with an idea, Harley looked towards Clarke. "What about the next level?" She questioned, pointing upwards. "We can start loading in people who aren't symptomatic yet," she suggested. "We shouldn't keep them around the already sick ones."

Nodding, Clarke agreed with Harley's idea. "Good plan," she complimented, leaning against the ladder, looking tired and weak. "We'll start rounding them up, starting with Octavia." Her eyes flickered to Bellamy, trying to reassure him that his sister would be fine. "Think of it as a way to stop her from sneaking out again."

Glaring, Octavia turned her head angrily. "Screw you, Clarke," she snapped.

Ignoring her, Clarke continued talking to Bellamy. "I'll let you know if her condition changes," she promised. Bellamy gave in, nodding, before leaving to prevent himself from getting sick. Clarke shuffled over, allowing Octavia to start up the ladder, but stopped her before she could. "Octavia, wait. I need you to sneak out again."

The request caught Harley off guard. "But - but you told Bellamy - " She stammered, looking back and forth between the dropship opening to Clarke. The blonde tilted her head, giving Harley a certain look, making her catch on. "Oh, yeah. Got it. Lying to the leader." She awkwardly gave the two girls a thumbs up, backing away.