Chapter 2

Claire and I left the Wells Fargo Center after stalling around for about 45 minutes. Some random security guard thought we were doing drugs or something, because what other reason would we have to stall out the traffic? 

         We exited the arena because we didn't want to get into serious issues with security. Somehow, when we were parking in the garage, there was still a spot left on the first level, so we took it. Most of the cars were gone now, except for a few. 

        Suddenly, Claire grabbed my arm.

        "What?" I furrowed my brow.

        "Flyers player, 3:00." She whispered. I looked at 3:00 - Claire was correct. Nolan Patrick, not-elite sniper.

        Claire just began to run over. I sighed, and ran over too, because Claire's my best friend. He saw us running over to him, and I could tell, he was dying inside.

        Claire stops when she reaches him. "Hi, I'm Claire, and I'm like, a huge Flyers fan. Can I have your autograph?" 

        "Um... sure, I guess?" Nolan Patrick says. "Does your friend want an autograph too?" 

        I cock my head. "Excuse me, but does your brain process Penguins jerseys slower than you skate, because I obviously hate you and your team." I smirk. That was a good one.

         "My gosh Loren, he was being sarcastic, you don't have to be so defensive!" scolds Claire.

          I shrug my shoulders. "So... what do you want me to sign?" he asks, this time only turned to Claire.

          Claire hands him her hat. "Thank you so much. I'm sorry for Loren's rudeness." she says, glaring at me.

          "You guys were dominating in the first. Murray's just so good, especially on breakaway chances." My dad once said I was good at pissing off hockey fans. I wonder if it works on players also.

         "Alright, I don't know what your problem is, but you need to chill. I get it, we lost, and we lost hard. No need to rub it in." Nolan Patrick's calm demeanor snaps. Yup, it does work.

         Claire literally looks like she wants to kill me. "Yeah, seriously."

         Nolan Patrick gives Claire her hat back. He goes to turn on his car, but the engine sputters out. I sigh, as I already know what Claire's going to do before she even says a word.

         "We can give you a ride if your car's broke." Claire offers. Why does she have to be so nice?

         He hesitates for a few seconds. "Alright, but don't release my address, or stalk me. Tell no one about this." Ugh, why did he have to accept?

         We walk together into Claire's car. I sit in the back seat, as I know Claire would want to sit up front with one of her favourite players. He punches in his address, which he reminds us to keep confidential. 

         "So, do any of you guys play hockey?" Nolan asks.

         "I do, but Loren doesn't, which is funny, since she's the Canadian one." replies Claire.

         Nolan turns back and smiles. He has a nice smile... wait, no, he doesn't. "A fellow Canadian, eh?"

         "Oui. Je suis canadienne, ma famille habite a Edmonton." I reply in French, which is something I like to do often. I'm fluent, since my mom is originally from Montrèal and she insisted on me learning French.

         Nolan seemed to understand. "Pourquoi n'êtes-vous pas fan des Oilers, alors?" he asked, which meant, "Why aren't you an Oilers fan, then?"

        I answer his question with, "Parce que ils est trés mal." which translates to, "Because they are very bad."

       "C'est vrai." Nolan agrees. 

       "Are you guys actually having a civilized conversation?" Claire asks, which causes us to giggle.  

       Nolan says, "Yes, we're talking about the Motherland."

      "All hail Mother Canada, our home and native land." I joke.

       We all burst out in laughter. Who would've ever thought I'd be laughing with a Flyers player? Ugh. I need to control myself, this not okay for a Penguins fan to do.

       "Hey guys, want to hear a joke that fails every time?" I grin. Claire probably knows what's coming, but Nolan doesn't.

       Claire shakes her head. "Oh gosh Loren, I can't wait to hear this one."

      "Commence with the joke, fellow comrade Loren." Nolan laughs. I don't want to be comrades with him. Canada isn't Russia, so the comrade thing isn't even funny.

      "The Philthadphia Cryers." I burst out laughing. That's an overused joke, but it's still funny. In fact, everything about the Flyers is funny.

      Nolan looks triggered. "Goddamn, Loren, I thought you were actually being nice to me and were gonna make a Canada joke, but nooooo, you have to hate on the team I play for."

      "Did you really think I could go five minutes without making a joke about the Cryers?" I chuckle. 

      We pull up at Nolan's apartment. It's a very nice apartment. 

      "Well, guys, I had a civilized conversation with Loren, which is an accomplishment, and Claire was very nice and offered to drive me here. So I kind of need to pay you guys back." says Nolan.

       "Oh, Nolan, it's literally fine, we were just being nice people and offered to drive you here." Claire reassures him.

        "Yeah, it was kind of cool being able to meet a professional hockey player, even if the Cryers aren't very professional." I admit.

         Nolan thinks for a bit. "How about you guys come over and watch one of the later games with me?"

A/N: Yayyyy Loren and Nolan finally met! I really am looking forward to writing the next few chapters! Also with the french and stuff don't worry if you don't know it, usually I'll say what it means