Ch. 12

"Continuing on with the story..." Grandma said, "This was the day of a very tragic event that happened. This was when you guys were about 11..."

"Sasuke, how much longer?" Naruto whined.
   They were both on the way to their houses from school.
"Naruto, stop whining like a baby. It's only 10 more minutes." Sasuke replied, coldly.
"Hmph." Naruto pouted in response.
   They continued on their way in silence, except for the occasional sounds of their shoes tapping on the concrete. All of a sudden they hear a terrified scream echo from a nearby alleyway.
   Naruto immediately latched onto Sasuke, trembling in fear.
"S-Sasuke, what was that?" Naruto whispered.
"I-I don't know. Let's walk faster though."  He whispered back.
   Their pace quickened and just as they were about to pass the dark alley, a man cloaked in black clothes appeared. His face was covered and he held a blood covered knife in his left hand.
   Naruto's trembling worsened and it looked as if he would faint any second. Sasuke struggled to compose himself. What do they do? What should they do? But there's only one answer to this:

Run

   Naruto and Sasuke sprinted in the opposite direction, running as fast as their legs can take them.
"Come back here!" The man's hoarse voice shouted.
"Naruto, keep running! Go faster!" Sasuke shouted.
"I'm trying!" Naruto panted behind him.
   Sasuke saw another alleyway behind a building. He took a sharp turn into it, hoping the man didn't see them run there. He dragged Naruto against the wall and told him to quiet his breathing or they'll be caught.
   There was complete silence, both boy held their breaths as they heard rapid footsteps approach them.

"Argh!!!" Naruto screamed while clutching his head.

"Naruto! What's wrong?" I lunged towards him as he was about to fall off the couch.

"Oh dear, he's having another attack." His grandmother sighed.

"Is he going to be okay?!" I asked, panic rising in my chest.

"Yes, he just needs some rest right now. I should've known to stop telling the story half way." She sighed once more.

"Why is he like this?"

"Every time he tries to remember something, he gets an attack. Usually they're minor, even if he thinks a little bit about trying to remember it hurts. I'm sure this time though, he tried to fight it through." His grandmother explained.

  I only nodded and hoisted Naruto onto my back.

"I'll take him up, is it alright if I stay a bit longer?"

"Of course my dear."

   I took him up the stairs and gently placed him onto his bed.

"Naruto, don't try so hard to remember. You'll only end up hurting yourself." I stroked his hair.

"S-Sasuke...don't leave yet." He muttered.

"How could I ever leave you?"

A/N: Hey! Sorry for the long wait, there's been a busy schedule for me with school and stuff. Hope you liked this one, even though it is short. I'll update probably this week again to continue the story. Until next time!