Chapter 26 - Paper Hearts

Shawn's P.O.V

*There's a lot of things that I may not know, But missing you baby is the only thing I know, I know*

This situation can only happen once and I cannot afford to make a single mistake and lose her even if I never had her in the first place but that isn't the point, I've come to the conclusion that I need her and I will protect from everything that could harm her.

She may not want me right now but even she accepts me in the coming week or even in a months time I need to win her over. It'll clear up my head just enough for me to know that she is mine and allows me to continue to finish off the album.

"Look y/n I know we never were officially thing but believe me when I say that I like you" I say.

"Shawn I want to believe you but I can't, like all the papers were saying you two are the ideal couple" Y/n says with a touch of sadness.

"Y/n look you can be as strong as you want but I know deep down that you have forgiven more otherwise you wouldn't have let me into this house" I say.

"That's because I can't let you go even if I don't want to be in the same room as you" Y/n mumbles.

*And who am I to say what the future holds, But missing you baby is the only thing I know, I know*

"Then don't let it go, I mean you can come back home with me and everything can be back to normal" I suggest hoping that y/n agrees to come home but instead y/n looks down at the floor.

Why would she look down, doesn't she want to go home?

*If my heart was paper, I'd fold it Throw it to the wind and just hope it, Ends up with you*

I thought y/n missed her home and since her family and friends were back in Canada why wouldn't she want to go back.

Maybe everything is better in England and she's found better people who treat her with kindness. I know she already had friends here but that's beside the point, I want her home with me if anything I'd love to have her as my roommate.

*I signed it with love from me to you, I tried to be cool, But my feelings, they don't allow me to, And all that I ask*

However, I should respect her wishes and if she wants to remain in this country then I will dedicate most my time here just so I can see her as I don't think my heart could cope with long distance although my work and home remains in Canada my heart is in England alongside hers.

*Is that at least you write me back, I'm waiting, Here's my paper heart, won't you hold it, Hold it*

Y/n's P.O.V

SHAWN WANTS ME TO GO BACK HOME!

I CAN'T LEAVE ENGLAND

My final exams are less than a month away I need to finish my education over here there''s two weeks before I go on study leave as well. Plus my YouTube channel has recently been growing over time.

Everything is just going so well over here I cannot afford to leave the country plus I've made new friends over here.

"Listen Shawn I can't go home, I mean I'm technically back home right now" I say looking down.

God he's going to hate me right now.

Wait that expression isn't anger, it's more sympathetic with a hint of sadness. I didn't mean to hurt him. I thought I chose the best sentence.

"I can't force you to come home but I hope you know how much you mean to me and that your happiness is everything to me" Shawn says taking my hand.

His hand was always bigger than mine, in fact he's always been a giant that leans over me. I'm practically his personal leaning post.

"Can't you stay here for a little while?" I ask looking up and seeing a smile appear on his face.

"I can stay for as long as you like" Shawn says pulling me closer.

"I want you to stay forever" I say placing a kiss on his cheek.

Within that short moment Shawn pulls me into his lap and wraps his arms around me. Straight away I can feel his warmth against my back as his head rests on my shoulder.

I could stay in this position all day and night.

"If you're staying shouldn't you at least tell Andrew because he may want to go home and not just staying in another hotel room because I feel like the two of you spend far too many nights in hotel rooms" I laugh, snuggling closer.