Chapter 15

Chapter 15

We ran towards the daycare. The streets were empty on the way, which was actually surprising. We noticed the door was ripped off its hinges and that the place was torn apart.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I called throughout the house. There was no answer.

"The cellar is probably sound proof. We need to hurry and find it." Jake said while looking around for enemies. I agreed as we began searching the house for any unfamiliar doors. That's when I saw the metal door that was hidden under the stairs.

"Jake, I think I found something." I said. He came running up to me. We began crawling under the stairs to reach the door. Jake was behind me. I made it to the door, and struggled the open it.

"Oh shit!" he yelled.

"What?" I looked backwards to see what was wrong. I saw a zombie grab Jake's ankles and began to pull him.

"Lanna, you have to get out of here safely. I'll lure them out of here." He planned. Jake began crawling out after he kicked the monster down.

"But Jake-"

"Just do it Lanna, we have no choice." He disappeared out of the room with a few zombies running after him. I felt a tear run down my face as I tried to open the door again.

I finally unlocked it, and crawled into the room.

"Lanna?" The daycare teacher asked.

"Stephanie, we need to get out of here quickly. There isn't much time. There is a way out of here. We have to grab the kids and go through the forest." I lifted up the two children that I loved deeply. She carried the little five year old girl that was friends with the babies. "Where are the others?"

"They didn't make it." She said. I began crawling out of the cellar, thinking that the little boy we saw earlier could be one of the boys from the daycare. He did look familiar.

We ran out of the house and down the road. I didn't see Jake anywhere.

"Where's the forest?" She asked.

"C'mon, it's not much farther. Just down the street." I said. She nodded and forced herself to run faster. The children didn't cry, but I knew they were scared.

We made it to the forest, but I never went through.

"Stephanie, you need to take the kids straight through the forest. Use this gun if there are zombies in your way." I handed her the babies and my weapon.

"Wait, where are you going?" She asked.

"I have to go find my friend." I accelerated as I ran back towards the daycare. I knew I didn't have a weapon anymore, but Jake was my only priority that I have to worry about right now.