" Even in the boarding school I made sure I caused mischief with none other than my guy best friend , Ethan Roberto ." I said directly looking at Adam. His jaw clenched tighter and I could just imagine how tight his teeth must be grinding against each other.
Why was he so pissed off?

Shrugging my shoulders I continued, "Both Ethan and I were crazy teenagers. We were always in detention. No one wanted their associated with us and so I became friends with Ethan." I smiled as I thought of how Ethan had asked me to be his friend but that was a story for another time,

" After spending two years without meeting any of my family members , I got the greatest news on earth, Reyah was starting the same boarding as mine. I was ecstatic. I was going to see my twin after so many days . But to my shock , when she came, she was no longer crazy and wild, she had became a proper lady with hatred toward any kind of noise or ill behaviour. She scolded me for the pettiest things such as leaving my window opened and or not changing my brush every month."
I heard some shuffling behind me but I didn't turn to see what Adam was doing, I just talked. I wanted to express to someone, take it all out.

".....and she absolutely detested Ethan. They'd fight every day with her acting like his mother and him, like a five year old insolent child. I'd get so frustrated with their behaviour so I'd just walk out of our dorm room. Then one day, when we were returning back home for Christmas Eve, I was entering my dorm to see the two of them kissing each other angrily. My eyes were shocked, I couldn't believe it. They were opposites! Instead of saying anything to them I just kept shut. I wanted them to tell me if something was going on between them. Though they didn't. They'd touch each other when they thought I wasn't looking and rumours soon spread around the whole school saying one of the Delans girl was dating the troublemaker. My father called us home as soon as he got a whiff of the news. He didn't shout at Reyah or I, No! he approached Ethan direct ."

I shifted on my toes and clenched my fists, now, the most difficult bit to say. I swallowed the dry lump in my throat as I spoke,

" Ethan knew my fathers and I's relationship wasn't so great and to protect Reyah from my fathers wrath, Ethan told my father I was dating him. That evening, My father screamed at me telling me I was an embarrassment for him for dating a garage owners son. He said all sorts of things to me saying I was a slut and what not but I stayed mute, as long as my sister and best friend were happy so was I. Reyah stood sobbing behind the office door, listening to everything my father said and her heart broke."

I fisted my palm as I remembered Reyahs teary face, my teeth clenching as I continued talking,

"My father took us out of the boarding school and made us private candidates yet still Ethan found a way or another to meet Reyah. And each time my father found out, he'd punish me by not letting me have dinner. My mother and Reyah weren't allowed to give any food to me because my father made sure there was no remains but I was okay with that. I already had junk piled up in my closet..,."

" .....then on my eighteenth birthday, my mother somehow convinced my father to let us go out. We had the fun of our lives partying and dancing.
And Then 3 months down the line, Reyah and I were having breakfast when all of a sudden Reyah runs to the toilet. For a few days, it continued and when I approached her she said it was nothing. But I knew it was far from nothing. I caught her crying to Ethan on the phone telling him she was pregnant. I was shocked! Reyah had lost her virginity, was 3 months pregnant and was only eighteen years old! When I told her I knew, she cried in my arms. She didn't want to abort the child. But we both knew, if my father found out , he'd kill Ethan. After all Reyah was his baby ."

My throat tightened as I recalled the most dreadful night.

" Reyahs bump was starting to get more visible and her appetite was getting larger. Our cook asked me if everything was well with Reyah but I somehow convinced her by putting the blame on periods. That day, I walked to Reyahs room to talk to her only to find it empty. I knocked on the bathroom door and when I got no response, I broke in. I found it vacant too. I rushed to open the cupboards and saw them all emptied . I ran to my room and with trembling fingers tried calling her but it was inaccessible. I found a note on my bed and when I opened it, it was Reyyahs note. She ran away from home cause she wanted a fresh start with her child and Ethan , and if she stayed at home, she knew she wouldn't be allowed to. I lifelessly walked to my parents room and handed my mother the note. My mother froze and my father was emotionless. He was blank. I could see how betrayed he felt . He stood up and looked at me, "did you know" he asked and I replied honestly, "yes I did," and my father since then ignored me,"

Tears welled in my eyes as I remembered what exactly my father had said, but I wasn't going to say them out loud . I couldn't. They caused me so much pain to hear, I could never voice our the words which always repeat in my head,

" You knew yet you told no one. If only you opened your goddam mouth then my daughter would be here. She wouldn't have been running around with your boyfriend and she'd be happy. You are pathetic! Today I didn't only lose one daughter Blair, I also disowned the other." My father roared making me cower. My mother gasped and a tear rolled down my cheek as what he said finally sunk in.

"...... I had crossed all boundaries by keeping such a big secret from him and since Reyah ran away, I had no other choice than to take care of the business even though I had no interest in it. Now here I am, still trying to get my father talk to me normally but I know it'll never happen. His wound is cut way too deep for it to easily get fixed." I felt arms encircle me and I shut my eyes. I wasn't going to let Adam see me crying.

He pressed a small kiss on the side of my neck before he pressed his nose to my hair. I felt goosebumps on my skin as a shiver passed down my spine. His body heat felt amazing. He inhaled my smell in and I appreciated his warmth. No words were spoken between us and I was glad. For definitely, no words could speak louder than actions. Him holding me in his arms just said it all,
He was here for me.
But for how long, I'd never know.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Finally,her past is out.

I laughed like crazy when I read you guys comments on who Ethan was. Though @Xtainted_onesX was close.

#Dont forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

.