|| ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ||

I expected to live forever by Ciels side and have him live forver beside mine. But the day my maid Paula had burst through my bedroom door, her face pained and frantic, I lost all hope of what I belived.

Funerals were always something I despised. Of course I felt awful about the person who had passed, it was a large factor placed into the reasoning of my hatred towards funerals, but the other part was atmosphere. The feeling of the coldness that filled your soul. I figured when they held the funeral for Ciel that I'd be sobbing into the arms of my brother or father, which was why I was suprised that when I arrived my facial expression was glued to nothing.

It was almost as if my emotions were temporarily halted and even if I wanted to I couldnt force myself to cry. I stood infront of the coffin of my beloved, the grey clouds coating the sky above me without a chance of rain. I could hear the chatter of the women only feet away, their gossip catching a small glare from me.

I wanted to walk straight over to each of them and give a hard smack on each their faces. Of course- I would never allow myself to display such an inopropiate act in public.. Esspecially due to the circumstances.

I had been so thrilled to be Ciels wife. I was always proud to be the one he could call his. I know there were several other young lady's with there eyes set on him, and it made me even happier to shove our engagment in their faces. Yes, I never actually did so, I stayed content and happy at his side..  But it was still enough to cause a small face to grow onto their expression.

Mostly others would look at Ciel for his title, the Phantomhive family name had many perks. It certainly drew interest from the public when they were aware of the birth of the twins. Everyone's minds had immediately gone to-

"Perhaps me and the Phantomhives can make an arrangement?"

"Oh, this is certainly great news for my daughter, she needs a wealthy husband such as the new heir of Phantomhive."

"It'll be lovely to have my own hold the name of Phantonhive, I'm sure Rachel and Vincent would be thrilled to arrange something for their son and my daughter."

And in the end it was I who was handed as a bride to the heir.

Of course it had been sense birth so all of this came natrually for me. In the beginning I didn't understand the fuss. I always figured it was because Ciel was the cutest boy on this earth, but eventually I learned otherwise.

I remember the harsh winds that swept passed me, brining along the waves of floating crinkled leaves. My dress swayed with the direction of the breeze, my hair gently blowing aside. I held my hands close to my chest, the two of them clenched together. It was then I could feel the hot burning tears that began to swell in my eyes. Staring down at the grave stones with the name of Ciels engraved into it, the reality of it all washed over me. It was real then.

My mother had placed a firm hand on my shoulder, squeezing it gently with reassurence. I let my tears slip down my cheeks and drip onto the ground.

There I stood with tear stained cheeks and a shattered soul, gazing apon the grave of my dear love.

I would never see him again.

Or so I belived..