"It's a note from him, and it's not- not pretty" she says before crying, I hug her and she takes a deep breath before we both sit down together and open the note.

"I know I shouldn't have opened it but-" I cut her off and my breath catches once I see my name in big bold letters on the front of the envelope.

"It's ok Mia, I am going to read it" I say before flicking the lights on and then reading it out loud.

To Addison,

You think you will win but you are very wrong, I am closer to you then ever, I know where you are and how to win over you.

That's why I have done something, it will destroy you, it will kill you, it will make you see me once again a person you can never win against.

Instead of doing this to you, I decided to punish the one thing that actually means something to you, your brother, Jacob Snow.

If you ever want to see him again listen to me, if you call the police he is dead, if you tell anyone he is dead, if you try to save him he is dead.

I need something from you, something that you will never be able to on your own but get if you tried.

I want one million dollars, give it to me and then and only then will you ever see your dickhead of a brother again.

Good luck sweetheart, you have one week.

Remember your still a weak and useless piece of shit, nothing will change.

Your loving father.

"Oh my- fuck, what? This is a joke" I stumble and my heart tightens, my breath catches in my throat.

This can't be real.

Mia hugs me again before tears cloud my eyes, Oh my god I was lost for words.

"Addy, this isn't a joke but maybe if we tell the police he won't find out" she says before flicking her black hair back and sighing.

"No, you read the stupid letter, if I tell someone he is dead." I say before screaming in anger slightly.

"Ok, just calm down its not doing anything if we freak out" She says before wiping her eyes.

"You read it what if he finds out" She raises her eyebrows at me before grabbing the letter.

"Ok now you sound crazy, he isn't going to find out, trust me and that isn't the point right now, WHERE THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO GET THAT SORT OF MONEY" She screams, freaking out exactly like me.

"I don't know, ok I don't know at all, fucking hell" I say before brushing past Mia with the letter and slamming my bedroom door shut.

I pull my hair out and let fall beside me, I cry against the door and stop once anger takes over.

No crying isn't going to do anything.

Maybe if I work really hard I might be able to get the money-

No, am I for real? I will have to work at least ten jobs at once to make that sort of money.

I make $2000 a week which is really good but not enough to pay that monster.

Why does he like doing this? Punishing people for doing nothing, is that what kind of sick world he is living in?

I guess so.

I move away from the door and get in the shower, I wash myself before stepping out and doing my usual.

I removed my makeup and threw on grey sweatpants and a baby pink sweatshirt, I left my wavy hair down before slipping in my ugg boots and then walking out.

Being comfortable helped and I took a deep breath before heading into the lounge room.

I saw Mia wearing the same casual wear as me before walking up to her.

"Thanks for calling me as soon as possible, I appreciate it" I smile lightly before she smiles back at me and continues eating cookie dough and watching Netflix.

I grab leftover pizza from the fridge and eat it once I pull out of the oven and it's cooled.

I begin eating it and stop once my phone buzzes in my pocket.

"Hello?" I ask lightly, not even checking the id caller.

"Addison, I am just checking up on you left work pretty worried" Ryder says on the other line.

I smile lightly before bitting my lip.

Good to know someone actually cares.

"Im fine, thanks Ryder look I-I have to go I will see you tomorrow" I say before hanging up and sighing.

Mia glances at me before speaking.

"Addy, no matter how hard it may be, you're going to have to get the money somewhere and Ryder is your only hope" She says before pausing the TV and then standing up.

"Mia, you know I can't tell anyone and really? Taking money from my boss that's too low, even for me" I cross my arms over my chest and sigh again.

But what if she is right, what if that is my only hope?

Question of the day:

What do you think of the letter?

What do you think will happen next?

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.