Gone

"No." He says seriously after twenty minutes of intense staring.

"Scarlett, listen to me. I need you to get away from here. Do you understand? I need you to ell dumbledore. Have someone take you to a safe house. You cannot get hurt." His words are tumbling out of his mouth, too rapid.

I laugh, shaking my head, "i can't just leave, Draco. He'll come after me. He'll find me. You damn well know that." I'm trying to stay calm.

"Scarlett. I need you to leave. For me. Please. If he finds you he'll just..."

"Exactly. If he manages to find me, Draco, He'll torture me until I'm not even me anymore. He'll ruin me. And then he'll kill me. He'll do everything he can to get information out of me. But I don't know anything. I won't be useful for very long. I'll be...dead before the week is out." I say, and I look down at my hands. They're still shaking.

"My best option is to just...hope he doesn't ask for me until the end of the year. Maybe then I'll be able to...I can..." I don't even know. Draco groans, tugging frustratedly at his hair.

"We're fucked. We are so incredibly fucked." He says, chuckling bitterly. He knows as well as I do that there is no way that this could end well.

"Hey, I know! I got it. Maybe...do you think we could um...shit." he really has nothing. His beautiful head is completely empty of any ideas.

For once in his annoying life, Draco Malfoy has nothing to say.

And neither do I.

We're both quiet for a moment, and he's thinking hard, occasionally saying something completely worthless, usually about safe houses or running away to Paris.

I stand up awhile later, pacing for a moment before looking at him.

"I've got to speak with Dumbledore. The man is brilliant. He'll tell me what to do. And everything will end up totally fine. Nothing can go wrong." I say, trying for optimism. It fails. He nods once, looking up at me.

"But Scarlett...I just want you to know that no matter what. No matter what happens. Or what he says or what you have to do...I'm not giving up. Not today or tomorrow. Not In a year. I won't give up. Not on you. Not on..." he trails off against as if the phrase pains him to finish. His face is a bit distorted.

"Us."

It came out so quiet that I'm not even sure that I heard it. I'm not even sure if he actually said it.

"I love you too, Malfoy." I say, my expression softening, a small smile threatening at the corners of my lips.

"But I didn't say-" I chuckle, and he becomes silent, looking down at his hands.

"Yeah...yeah you did, Malfoy. You said it in your own way. That's what you were telling me. It's what you meant." I smile sady, reaching out to fix his hair before turning on my heels, looking back over my shoulder once I've reached the doorway.

"I'll see you soon, Draco." I say softly, smiling at him, analyzing his features before turning away, closing the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tell Dumbledore the entire story from start to finish, and he nods sadly, shaking his head,

"Scarlett, my dear. There is only one way that I can think of. That is, if you are alright with it. It is not easy. And it won't be fair. Not to you...not to anyone." He says, and I listen to the terrifying words that drip from his mouth as he lays out my only option. My only hope. I don't catch every word, trying desperately to rationalize the thoughts. Certain words were imprinted on my brain, and I shuddered.

Cannot run.

Hopeless

comitted.

leaving forever

eternally forgotten.

Forgotten.

Gone.

"Scarlett, my dear." He added after I say there for a few moments, "ism terribly sorry, but there is no other way, I'm afraid." He informs me, and I nod unintentionally.

"Oh, and one more thing." The last words are the worst ones yet, and I can feel the ice running through my bloodstream.

"You cannot, under any circumstances say goodbye."

My heart stops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what id the master plan? I don't know...JK i know exactly what's gonna happen next. teehee!

I didn't mind writing this chappie, and I am proud of my work!

Comment

vote

fan

message me

I don't bite...

XXOO~alex