Memories

I am standing there, deep in thought. It is only my second year at hogwarts, the greatest school in the world, and I love almost every single second of it. I am taking my sweet time, traipsing down the stairs to the dungeon, making my way to my dormitory. After a bit, I feel the air change, and I turned around, seeing a very familiar blonde haired boy, Draco Malfoy. He gives me one hasty glance, and I don't quite understand why he is staring at me that way, with a look of complete disgust. I swallow thickly, my eyebrows drawing together.

"Watch it, mudblood." he mumbles angrily, his cold, silver eyes flashing. I gape at him, searching for the words. How does he not recognize me? We have classes together. We are in the same house. And we frequently pass each other in the common room. He was sitting next to me at dinner nearly every night.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Malfoy doesn't recognize me. I do not phase him; I am just another stupid human in the stupid world of stupid people. It hurts me, and I can feel my eyes begin to water with bitter tears. I clench my jaw, giving him a once over. He has some nerve, forgetting Scarlett Selvin.

"I'm in slitherin, and I'm a pureblood." I say, trying for defiance but my voice seems quiet and unsure. I mentally curse myself for being so stupid. I sound small and afraid, and he scoffs at me. I don't know why he always acts that way, so cold and heartless. He really isn't a heartless boy...he's too young to be heartless. Maybe he's just been through too much, like me. I understand how deeply the emotional trauma can cut a person. It's like a knife.

"Well you better move now, or I'll push you down the stairs." He says before making true to his words, pushing me to the side, my head collided sharply with the wall, and it hurt so much that I helped, staring at the blonde boy, my mouth agape. My head is throbbing, no, pounding when I put my hand up to feel the dark wet liquid. But Malfoy doesn't care, he was storming down the steps, unphased. I try to call him back but he couldn't hear me. i begin to panic. I need to get to the infirmary. I take one single step, moaning when I feel it everywhere, the pain nearly unbearably. I slipp on the step, feeling gravity tug me down, and I collapsed onto the stairs, where I hit my nose. I groan and lose my consciousness. The steps are cold underneath my limp body, and I black out.

I am in the infirmary then, Harry is holding my hand and smiling at me. His eyes area clear green and kind, and I feel safe. I like that he has always had this sort of effection for me. He treats me like a goddess or a princess. He treats me how every girl deserves to be treated. He is humming a song that I didn't know, and as always, he is way off key. Harry is definitely not a musician.

"Scarlett? What happened, love? I found you passed out and you were bleeding. It looked like you hit your head, did you slip?" he sounds concerned, and I just giggle at that, shaking my head. I reach out, putting my pointer finger on his lips, telling him to be quiet. I find everything absolutely hilarious. After a minute, my hand falls, and I drift back into my favorite kind of blackness. The empty kind.

When i wake, I am standing near the lake. It is cold outside, and I smile softly, smelling the fresh autumn air. It smells like falling leaves and pumpkin juice. It is only a moment before I feel something collide with my arm, throwing my off balance and forcing me to the ground. I once again hit my head, but this time I stand up and follow him. My anger is boiling inside of me, and I can't believe he would do this to me again. I will not let him hurt me. I cannot just let him get away with it, his stupid little "I'm too good for everyone" attitude is driving me mad, and I will not take it! I'm Scarlett Selvin! I can take anyone anytime, and I'd like to see him try to stop me.

"I just got out of the infirmary because of you, and I don't plan on going back." I say angrily, making sure he could hear the venom in my voice, and the pain behind my words. I am practically on a rampage as I tear after him quickly. My fists are clenched, and my teeth are gritted. I haven't been that angry in a long time. It's strange when you can feel your blood boiling beneath your own pale, fragile skin.

"just leave me alone." he looks scared. And turned suddenly,

"Stupify" He said, and then walked off leaving me alone. Ugh, he should just grow up. I am left alone until my memory transformed taking the shape of a new one.

I am then in the defense against the dark arts classroom, being hit with numerous spells, all cast by Draco. All I can hear is a distant 'Mr.Malfoy that is enough'. The words are said over and over and over again, and it hurts. I feel like i am being pulled apart limb from limb, and the words are on loop in my head, torturing me for what felt like an endless eternity of being punished. I begin to wonder what i had ever done to deserve such pain, and then I wake. My breathing is heavy and constricted and I have one hand against my heart.

I am completely startled as all the memories flood back to me. It was like a heavy quilt, and I feel suffocated as the tormenting memories settle into my head, leaving me restless. No matter how deep I sleep, I still have the dreams. The taunting memories that smirk at me...that challenge me. The memories that try to hold me back.

So I walk down to the common room and sit on the couch. It is cold and leather and I find it quite comforting. Soon my eyes are heavy, and I am falling victim to my painful memories as the dreams begin again.

I can tell that tears were staining my damned cheeks while I laid there on cold black leather, trying to escape the demon that is hiding inside of my head, clawing his way out memory by memory.

~author's note

rewritten and edited!

This chapter is kinda sorta filler-esque, but hey! Dream sequence. Chapter three will be up super soon, and I absolutely love you all for reading. So hey, comment and tell me your favorite character so far? Or your predictions? Or any sort of suggestions and/or feedback

ADDITION: So I'm going to add that this book will get better I promise :/ reading my old writing makes me kind of cringe a bit.....I mean I'm finally getting around to fixing this book up a bit! Maybe I'll start rewriting it!?

ADDITION: I have begun to rewrite it. Tell me what you think below!!

Well.....I guess I should keep editing for a bit, but I am tired.

And as fucking always!

Love ya

~Alex