Skin on Skin

I wake up the next morning with a pair of arms wrapped tightly around my waist and the scent of Draco Malfoy's aftershave. I sigh softly as my thoughts drift to fluffy white snow and meeting Draco's family. I cannot wait.

And then it hits me, my breathing speeding up, throat tightening.

I just slept with Draco Malfoy. We slept together. He was inside of me...ah, fuck. I'm fucked.

"Scar, will you relax?" He says gruffly into his pillow before lifting his head to kiss my shoulder and squeezing my tighter. I squirm annoyedly while he kisses at my temple. I sigh deeply at the feeling of his fingers drawing gentle circles on my arms.

"I'm not going anywhere." he whispers softly, and I nod. We lay there in comfortable silence for a few moments until I flip around so that we are face to face, his eyes so grey that they almost seem to reflect the world around him. But there's an edge, a darkness, as if someone had disturbed the peace. A ripple. Tendrils of his white hair fall over his forehead, blending in with his pale skin. The dark circles are almost haunting, sticking out against the stark white of everything else. He chuckles, causing me to frown.

"What is your problem!?" I demand, making him laugh even harder, the corners of his eyes crinkling just barely. He traces my bottom lip with his thumb, looking content.

His expression changes quickly when I move to pull away. His facade melting away. He looks lost. Afraid. I don't understand why he feels the need to hide himself away. I just want to know what's going on in that gorgeous head of his.

"Stop thinking so hard, princess. You look less appealing when you're thinking that hard. You frown...You actually look quite intimidating. No wonder the lads didn't pay you a second glance before me." He's teasing, I know, but I growl regardless, not seeing the humor. I don't like being the punchline of anyone's jokes.

"What the fuck is your problem? I didn't do anything to you, wanker. I just slept with you, in fact. I did you a favor. And here we are, making jokes at my expense. You ruin everything!" I snap, raising my voice just slightly. A look of hurt flashed across his eyes for a moment before his face turned cold yet again.

"I don't have a problem; calm down, Scar. I was just stating fact. You fucking glare when you think too hard...I like it when you look innocent. Like when you sleep, your expression is always so soft and natural. I like that you. Not the Scarlett that bloody yells at me whenever I express my opinion." I could hear him restraining himself.

"Do you even understand how difficult this is for me!? It's fucking terrifying. Everyone I seem to trust lets me down in some way or another, and I can practically see you doing the same. Don't you get it? All I've ever done is get hurt! And I can already tell that you're going to fucking hurt me, yeah?" And he clenches his jaw. I've struck a nerve. He shakes his head slowly, preparing himself to speak.

"I do understand, Scarlett. I've spent my whole life distancing myself from other people. I'm scared too, babe. i don't want to hurt you...but it's difficult when you're this bloody defensive. calm down, and take a deep breath. like i said, i'm not leaving so get used to me." he says as gently as he can manage. he is trying to be sweet to me, and all i do is screw it up.

"You're an ass, you know." I whisper, and his silver eyes narrow, expression darkening. He looks like he's about ready to strangle me. I mean...He kind of just bared his soul to me. And I insulted him in turn.

"Why are you fucking afraid of me!? I'm not trying to hurt you, Scar." He says, sounding more exasperated than I've ever heard him before.

"You didn't let me finish." I argue, rolling my eyes once, "You are one fucked up young man. You're afraid of expressing genuine emotion, and you're a bloody douchebag. You can barely control yourself, and you are way too protective." I add, shaking my head, "And I know it's just because your childhood was shit. I get that. But still. You are an asshole. An ass. But you're my ass." I lean in as soon as I'm done ranting, my hand on his cheek.

"Mmm, I'm pretty sure your ass is down here." He says, patting my smooth skin. I flush pink.

And then there's a chuckle from the doorway, "So I was right to avoid coming back last night. But Damn Draco, you did good. She is one fine piece of arse." Blaise says from the doorway, words slow. I sit up immediately, my eyes narrowed, and he cracks up, eyes staring at my bare chest. I scramble to pull up the sheets, covering myself up.

"Fuck you, Blaise! You are such a motherfucker!" Draco screamed, and Blaise, in turn, just laughed harder. He found the entire situation gut-wreckingly hilarious, it would seem. I groan, plopping back down, pulling the covers up higher.

Blaise just saw me naked from the waist up. Someone kill me now.

"Well, I for one, am glad that you two are sorted. Now, if you don't mind, I would like my room back. So you have a few options. You could leave. You could put some clothes on. Or you can come and let me check out the merchandise." He says cheekily, and I growl, eyes snapping to him. Draco doesn't say anything, handing me a shirt. I sigh annoyedly, slipping it on and pulling on my pants from yesterday.

"Bye Princess!" Blaise yells, and all I hear is a loud thwack, and Blaise cursing. "Fuck, don't throw things at me. That was unnecessary." I chuckle, making my way to my dorm

PLEASE READ!

A/N

supert sorry this took so long guys i have been given way too much homework. i promise that i'll start to post more. i think i'll be done pretty soon. christmas/ a few more plot twists/ moments worth remembering... and MAYBE A SEQUEL. i'll only write one if you guys want one though so LET ME KNOW! COMMENT VOTE AND MESSAGE ME! tell me what you think.

love,

Alex!