Overreaction

26

I make my way towards the infirmary, my steps heavier then normal. I listen for the familiar sound of her screaming, but today she is silent. I frown a bit, picking up my pace, walking quickly into the infirmary, my eyes trained on Scarlett. She is staring up at the ceiling, deep in thought. I admire her serene features. She looks peaceful...and heavenly.

Oh my god...did you really just think that? This is classic.

Really...you're ruining the moment...

Sorry...I'll shut up.

I slow back down, making my way towards her bed. Her skin seems brighter then it has in weeks, and her blue eyes were bright once again. I smile, seeing her full of life yet again. She doesn't look at me until I am standing right beside her bed. She smiles up at me kindly.

"Hello, Draco." she says, her voice quiet and sweet. I sit down next to her and stare at the wall.

She is laying here alive and well. Thank Merlin.

It's so cute that you like her.

I visibly cringe when I hear the voice in the back of my head, but I shake it off, continuing to stare at the wall ahead of me. I feel incredibly relieved. Seeing her awake is making me feel more then I would ever like to admit.

"Draco, I said hello..." She trails off awkwardly. Merlin, why cant she just be happy that ive come to see her. She is so agrivating sometimes. I am here, trying to do something nice, and she is just acting so....Stupid Selvin. I clench my jaw, analyzing the plain wall, half tempted to get up and just walk away, not in the mood for this today.

"i heard you." I hear myself say in response. Wyy the hell am i acting so weird. That was incredibly awkward.

"Why exactly are you here, Malfoy?" i hear her ask me, and i frown.

"I mean, it isn't exactly the hottest place to hang out. In fact, it's strangely quiet and peaceful to the point that it's goddamn creepy. And the seats are bloody uncomfortable. So go to the common room or something. Trust me, it's a way better place to sit and think-" I stand then, and it shuts her up right away. I look down at her, our eyes finding each other.

And then I'm kissing her.

I can't explain why I did it. It just seemed like the right time to do it...almost like I needed to.

So I did.

I can tell that it caught her off guard. She is surprised, but she kisses back passionately, her lips soft against mine. I keep my hands off of her, barely hovering. I am afraid of breaking her....even though it's Selvin...this girl can withstand anything.

After I rationalize my thoughts, I pull away, looking down at her. She opens her eyes to stare up at me with a look of complete confusion painted on her face.

"why the hell did you do that." she said suddenly, i just laughed and shook my head. how stupid is this girl...

"you could have died." was the only answer i gave her, after that i turned my face up to the boring ceiling...i really do hate this room...

"but i didnt." she said obviously thinking i was over reacting. she wasnt the one listening to me screaming...i had to sit through two weeks of watching her lay there in agonizing pain.

"ya...well you almost did...and...you scared the hell out of me." i said before heading strait for the door. holy shit...did i really just admit that.

"What the Hell...what did you do that for?" she asks, and I laugh exasperatedly, shaking my head. How stupid can Scarlett Selvin really be? She wakes up after two weeks of torture and....just doesn't understand.

"You almost died, Scarlett." is the only answer that I can force out. I turn my face up to look at the boring ceiling. I genuinely hate this room. I have spent to much time here with this goddamn girl.

"But you have to remember that I didn't." she says, obviously thinking that i am just overreacting. But she didnt have to listen to me screaming in abony for weeks. I had to sit here and watch her scream in pain and horror. And she thinks that im overreacting.

"yeah, but you almost did. And you really scared the hell out of me." I say, almost silent before heading straight for the exit, booking it out of the plain room with my lip bitten.

Holy shit. Did I just admit that?

Authors note

So, here I am....forever and a year after I finished if looks could kill the first time.

Rewriting it is kind of a bitch, but that's what I get for not editing it the first time around, I guess

You guys make all of the work completely worthwhile

And you will never ever guess what

OUR HOMECOMING THEME IS HARRY POTTER AND IM DYING BECAUSE HARRY POTTER

Is that not the coolest thing ever?

I am so stoked.

And my class is Slytherin. Could this be any more amazing!!!??

Thank you all for being the most amaing and supportive readers!!

I try to respond to every comment, so make sure you let me know what you think

And over 72.6 k....you are all so amazing. I'm almost to 1,000 votes too.

This is just so surreal, and I want to say thank you so so so much

Love always and stay beautiful,

Alex