Chapter 1: All is well

"Raven, Asher, David, Monique, come down stairs for dinner!" I said kind of irritated because Asher started trouble in school, Monique lost her bracelet that I bought for her that's probably more than a hundred dollars, and Raven is just strange and a mystery to me, and David had failed yet another semester and all he does is play video games. I love them but they're a hassle . Our small apartment can barely fit all of us. My job working as a cashier at the local grocery store is barely getting us by. I've been attending an online college to get a degree in science. My dream is to write and discover more about the environment and to help people and nature. I know it sounds cheesy, but I always wanted to, but I grew up too fast. I learned to slowly and surely exceeded at school but yet I was dependent on someone who I thought would get me through my life. Currently I'm considered having a big future according to my professor but I'm struggling with life and he doesn't know I have four children under one roof, but I'm trying my best for my kids and to provide a life I would be proud of. I hear footsteps down the steps down the stairs and I immediately remembered I have children I should stop sulking.

"Mom, Mom guess what!" Monique said with an enthusiastic voice.
"Yes?"
"I finally got a boyfriend, Asher was wrong!"
I heard Asher coming down stairs "He's not as good looking as me though!"
"Asher be respectful." Raven said with a sigh.
"Where did you come from, Raven?" Asher said.
"I came when mother called me for dinner, like the good child I am unlike you."
"Raven!" I yelled "You scared me to the death I didn't even hear you coming down the stairs."
"Excuse me I was speaking!" Monique said with a sassy a voice.
The room was filled with deadening silence.
"Ok" Monique said. "So, basically my plan is to make him love me so he can take care of me my whole life."
"Are you sure? You don't want to get a Job or anything?" I said disappointed.
"It didn't work out for you so let's see how it works out for me." Monique said.

I was ashamed my own daughter wants to end up like me and she thinks it's cool or something. Living like me has it's moments but the dark voids in my life are patched up by my children. I did a roll call to make sure no one was missing and yet again David was no where to be found. I sighed and told Asher to go get him. Our apartment only had 2 bedrooms and one bathroom. Mornings were tiring, you will not believe how many times I've used the wrong tooth brush and had to flush Asher's poop down the toilet. Monique, me, and raven would stay in one room and David and Asher would stay in the other room. Our apartment was small, you would walk in to the living room and then next to the living room a small closet on the left side with a boiler and next to it the one and only bathroom, then to the right are Asher and David's room, I'm hoping one day to be successful enough to let my children have a room of their own to express themselves. At the end of the hallway, was mine, Raven and Monique's room. We had a tiny kitchen, and no space for a dinning room so we all ate in the living room.

"I'll get David if I get to stay up tonight," Asher said with his mischievous grin.
"No Asher, you aren't gonna get detention for sleeping in class again and another detention means-"
"Yeah yeah another meeting with Mr. Griswold I get it," Asher ran down the hallway with his brown hair flowing behind him that he got curtesy of me. He was shorter than all of his other siblings but he's probably the most athletic out of the bunch. Monique was on her phone as usual, and Raven, yeah still don't know. I swear she has some kind of super power. Monique had black hair and had beautiful bouncy curls, also curtesy of me, she's probably the most spoiled out of all my four, she earns it by getting the best grades. Raven had straight hair and again was very mysterious but that's what I love about her, she gives the least amount of problems and our one on one time is amazing, her sense of humor also curtesy of me.

"Here ya go mom I brought David." said Asher. David had brown hair and looked like he needed a weeks worth of sleep with those eyebags, funny thing is he's always the first to bed.

"Alright since we are all here let's eat some dinner!" as soon as I could finish dinner they all started munching on the ramen I prepared for them.