Ch.8 Just a Friend

Start from the beginning

"I'm not afraid of anything. Alright, I'll make the macaroons with you. Lead the way" Cat Noir said.

Marinette lead cat noir down to the kitchen. She got out the ingredients and they began.

"Okay Cat, I need you to beat the egg whites over there and add the food colouring and then add the food colouring, while I make the jam"

While Marinette was making the jam, she noticed cat noir having a bit of trouble. She giggled.

"Need some help, cat Noir?" Marinette asked.

"what? What makes you think I need help?" He asked, then he knocked over the icing sugar.

"Okay, maybe I need a bit help." He said, rubbing his neck.

"Here, let me show you. You have to beat them constantly and add the grounded almonds and icing sugar gradually. Here"

Marinette grabbed Cat Noir's hand and showed him how to beat the mixture. Marinette didn't even realize how close she was to cat noir until her head brushed against his chest. Her cheeks started to turn a light shade of pink. They finished making the macarons. Marinette has specially made these macarons so they were heart shaped. She put them in a box and put a bow on top.

"Here you are Cat Noir. Heart shaped macarons" She said, handing him the box.

 Heart shaped macarons" She said, handing him the box

"Thanks, Marinette, see you soon"

"I want details afterwards cat noir," Marinette said.

"Okay, I promise to come back afterwards and tell you about it. Cat's Honour" He said. Then he left.

After he left, tikki popped out of hiding.

"So, how was your afternoon making macarons with cat noir,"

"It was really fun. I really enjoyed hanging out with Cat Noir," Marinette said.

"And now you get to see him again as ladybug" Tikki said

"You're right. Tikki spots on" Marinette transformed. She looked at her yoyo and noticed that Cat had left me a message.

'Hey ladybug, meet me at the Eifell tower once you get this message'

She smiled and made her way to the Eifell tower. Cat Noir was already waiting for her there.

"Hello Kitty," Ladybug said

"Hello M'lady," He said.

"So, why did you want me to meet up with you?" Ladybug asked.

"Well, you got me cupcakes and cheered me up when I was down, so I made you something to say thank you?"

"What did you make me?" Ladybug asked.

"here," he said and handed her the box she had wrapped the macarons in.

She opened it and made a shocked face.

"These are beautiful! You made these?" She asked him.

"With a little help from a friend," He said.

Ladybug took a bite out of a macaron.

"These are delicious! Have you tried one Cat Noir," She said.

"No, I didn't try one," He said.

"Here," She said and handed him.

He ate it and smiled.

"These are paw-sitively delicious," He said.

I put the box between us and we continued to eat.

"You know that you didn't have to make these, right?" Ladybug said.

"Yeah, but I wanted to thank you. You cheered me up on the day I needed it the most."

"well, it's what friends do."

"Yeah, but as friends, we never get to hang out. We only ever see each other when there's akuma or some sort of emergency. I wish we could hang out more and Paris wasn't in danger." Cat Noir said.

Ladybug smiled. "Well, I'm free tomorrow after school. If you're free, why don't we meet at the Eiffel tower?" Ladybug suggested.

"Well, I'm free, so tomorrow after school it is, M'lady," He said.

"See you soon LB!" He said and then ran off.

"Bye kitty," She said, then ran as quickly as she could to her house, before cat Noir got there to tell her the details.

Just after she detransformed, she heard the knock on her window. She opened it excitedly.

"So, how did it go?" Marinette asked excitedly.

"It went great, I'm meeting Ladybug tomorrow just to hang out. No akumas, just hanging out as friends" He said.

"But you want to be more than friends," Marinette said

"I do, but I don't want to force anything upon ladybug. One day she might fall for me, but until that day happens, I'm happy where we are now." He said.

Marinette was silent for a moment.

"Well, if ladybug can hang out with you as friends, do you mind doing the same with me? I could set up a movie that we could watch." Marinette suggested. She had hung out with Cat Noir all day, as Marinette and as Ladybug, but she just wanted to hang out with him more. He's funny, caring, friendly, energetic, and amazing.

"That sounds purr-fect princess." He said.

"Do you want to watch a Disney movie?" She asked

"Sure, which one?" He asked.

"Are you okay watching tangled?" Marinette asked.

"I'm okay with anything princess" He replied.

They spent the next hour or so watching Tangled. Marinette hadn't even realized the position they were in until the movie had ended. They were snuggled up next to each other and she had her head leaning against his chest. Cat Noir noticed the position the position to. Both of their faces were blushing a light pink. 

"Well, I should get going now. People will probably start to notice I'm gone." Cat Noir said. 

"Good night Cat Noir," Marinette said. 

"Good Night Marinette" 

Adrien went home and detransformed. 

"So, How was your date with Marinette and ladybug?" 

"They weren't dates besides.." He said

Marinette smiled as Cat Noir left. 

"So, how was your date with cat noir as ladybug and Marinette?" Tikki asked

"It wasn't a date, besides.."

"They're just a friend," They both said.