-1-

Ava sighed as she looked herself in the mirror

Ava sighed as she looked herself in the mirror. She couldn't understand why everything had to take place in their house. She knew her mother was the major, but still. Tonight it was time for the masquerade ball, and usually Ava loved this sort of things. But ever since she had been brought in to the supernatural live style, she hated it. Something bad always happened and tonight weren't any different.

Tonight she and her friends had planed to kill Katherine once and for all. They had this whole thing planed out, but Ava knew something would go wrong. If she could she would have stayed home, like Elena, but she couldn't. Both because the party were at her house and her mother would never allow it.

At least she had her friends there. Her part of the plan was to make sure that Matt and her brother were safe, so she knew she would have a good time.

"Honey, are you ready?" The voice of her mother snapped Ava out of her thought and she took her eyes from her reflection in the mirror.

"Almost." Ava answered back, she just needed an other moment to gather herself before she could join the others down stairs. A lot were at stake tonight, and she just hoped that it would all be over.

"Okay, I'll see you downstairs, honey." Her mother said before leaving her door to join the ball downstairs.

Ava looked at herself once again in the mirror. Her brown hair was in a hairdo that Caroline had helped her with. Her makeup was light and natural and made her brown doe eyes stand out. The dress she was wearing was black and champagne-colored. Her masked was made to match her dress perfectly, it almost looked that someone had cut out a piece of her dress to make the mask. Ava loved both of them and she were so happy that Caroline had helped her pick them out. After one last look Ava put her mask on and started to make her way to join the party.

Ava would be lying if she said that she wasn't having a good time. Both Tyler and Matt were good company and they all were having a blast. She didn't know if they were aware of the plan, but she still tried to keep them away from the whole thing. During the night she had seen all of her friends coming and going, but she had stayed at her brothers side.

Tonight was also the first night Ava had met Katherine. It was weird seeing a person that looked exactly like her friend, but was a totally different person. It made her feel a bit uncomfortable, but she stayed with her brother and friend so she didn't have to talk to her.

It was later during the night when Jeremy come running in to the room with big eyes and looking around him with a scared look on his face.

"Hey, Jeremy. Is something wrong?" Ava asked when she saw the scared look on the younger boys face.

"Ava." Jeremy started trying to catch his breath. "Something is wrong with Elena! Can you look after her? I need to help Bonnie."

"Sure no problem, where is she?" Ava said right away. She looked over at her brother and Matt and they only nodded at her, telling her that she should leave and help their friend.