Getting To Know Her

Getting To Know Her

Duma POV

Well it's a Friday night and its just me and her in her car, she seems so... Distant after a talk with her band mate Alex.

"Want to talk about it?"

I asked which made her jump a bit then look at me then look back towards the road.

"Talk about what?"

"You and Alex. What happened?"

"Why do you want to know? Huh? Is it /That/ more important to you or something?"

She snapped at me turning down another road detouring from going back to our school, she was driving into the nearest town sighing softly.

"Duma... I apologize for snapping on you... It's just-- Alex is the kind of guy that can't really... Deal. And that does nothing but piss me off. Because he acts like he doesn't know what he wants when it's clear as day that he wants me."

She said painfully, I wanted to hold her, to console her, to stroke her hair-- wait what? Duma doesn't do any of that shit. She blows out a breath then looks at me with an arched brow.

"You didn't hear any of the shit I just told you okay? Because if you did, then I'll make your life even more a living hell in and out of school."

She smirked at me. Of course I should've known that the guard was going to be back up, but for those short three minutes I was actually thrilled that she opened up even if it was just a little bit to me.

"Okay... I know you think I'm trying to hit on you or whatever, but we're in band together and all so if I had trouble getting to practice--"

She cuts me off by grabbing my hand and writes her number on it then put her pen up in the glove department as I then smile softly putting it in my phone then texted her, she checks her phone and giggles softly.

"Really? Sup girl?"

She smirked then puts her phone back in her vest pocket and pulls up to a cafe parking her car.

"I use to eat her all the time."

I said in a small whisper looking at my old hangout, she looks at me then reached behind her head as if she was about to take off her blindfold but instead she was tightening it.

"Well... What you dropped off, I pick up."

She said getting out of the car. I do the same closing it behind me as she locks the car, I opened the door (which I've never done for any female before) for her. She looks at me in shocked then walks inside going to a booth by the window.

"I usually sit here."

"Well now it's all mine."

She winks at me under her blindfold, I chuckle softly.

"What's with the blindfold anyways?"

"What's with yours?"

"I don't like showing my eyes."

"Same."

She smirks, the manager gets on the stage then starts talking.

"Alright folks, it's Friday and you all know what that means."

That's when the whole cafe chimed in.

"Karaoke Night!"

I chuckle softly looking at them, I then look back at Quinine who was looking at the stage with a small smile on her face.

"Want to go up there and sing?"

She snaps out of her thought looking back at me and shakes her head.

"Oh no, no, no. I sing enough in the band so I'm good."

"Oh come on... You got that 'sweet yet firm' voice that no one can get enough of. Go up there. Or they'll pick you."

I smirked at her, she shrugs as two spotlights came towards us conveniently and we both dropped our jaws.

"We got two volunteers! Quinine and a long-time-no-see Duma!"

The manager said, the crowd claps for us to go up there, I stand up as she does the same and we both walked on the stage.

"You two are going to sing "Why don't you love me." By Hot Chelle Rae feat. Demi Lovato."

He said, and we looked at each other then she looks back at him and nods.

"Okay."

"Shit."

I mumbled gulping lightly.