Mastermind!Ouma X Shuichi

Kokichi and Shuichi walked to school together, as usual. The two were childhood best friends. They had spent most of their life with each other. Sure, arguments started quite often, with all of the lies and such, but they'd always be friends again within an hour. As time went on, the two started to have feelings for one another, which led to them becoming a couple. A year had past and everyone was shocked they hadn't broken up once. Little did they know, the couple almost did multiple times.

During this year, Kokichi had got into a game/anime series called Danganronpa. He would go on for hours about hope and despair, executions, death making the characters better, etc. While he was totally fascinated with the Danganronpa world, Shuichi, on the other hand, didn't see the appeal. He never handled death well, even if it wasn't real. In fact, some of their fights were about Kokichi pretending to be dead. Shuichi never found it amusing.

But the fake deaths weren't the problem. It was his obsession. Shuichi claimed it changed Kokichi. The short teen went from a harmless prankster, to something sadistic. Kokichi reassured the emo looking teen that it was all an act. But having known Kokichi almost all his life, Shuichi saw through the lie. And it worried him.

Kokichi tried to act as normal as possible while he put his plan to action. He thought of a way to make Danganronpa ten times better and more realistic. Make a real life Danganronpa game! When he brought up the idea online, he was immediately met with support. It wasn't easy, but he eventually got the chance to make his dream a reality. Some rich girl named Tsumugi offered to pay and help with it. In exchange, she wanted to be the mastermind. He agreed.

Now all he needed was fourteen students. He opened auditions for it. Everyone was picking such great talents, he didn't know what to pick for himself. He decided to ask Shuichi, but had to be sneaky about it. Though Shuichi hated it, he would still engage in conversation about it. Kokichi decided to go about this in a hypothetical way.

"So, Saihara-chan, what do you think my talent would be if I were in Danganronpa," Kokichi asked cheerfully. Shuichi shrugged.

"Ultimate fanboy," Shuichi joked. Kokichi playfully punched his arm.

"I'm serious."

"Well I don't know. Ultimate panta lord?"

"That's not a thing!" The two laughed.

"Okay, fine. Ultimate supreme leader!"

"Oooh that sounds like a great ultimate! Everyone will fear me!" The two continued to laugh as Kokichi pulled up the camera on his phone.

"Why were you asking?"

"Just curious. Never wondered what your talent would be?" Shuichi went to say something, but stopped. He pondered it.

Kokichi started recording himself as he said "I am Kokichi Ouma, ultimate supreme leader! And this-" he moved the camera to Shuichi's face. "-is my boyfriend, Shuichi Saihara-"

"Ultimate detective," Shuichi continued for him. "Who know, I might just be the mastermind." Kokichi laughed at the idea of it. Shuichi couldn't hurt a fly, let alone set up a killing game.

"You going to kill a lot of people?"

"Yep! They'll never see a detective coming." The two continued to joke around a bit more before finally stopping the recording.

"We both know you would be the first to die."

"Heh, yeah."

"Ultimate detective, huh?" Kokichi got a scary look on his face as he pondered something.

"Yep..." Shuichi tried to ignore how much Kokichi was creeping him out. This had been happening a lot lately.

They continued to walk in silence the rest of the way. Though, Kokichi mind was anything but. I'll take that as an audition, Kokichi thought to himself. He wouldn't dare let Shuichi die, by maybe this was an opportunity for him to finally see just how great the killing games are. Maybe he'd even give into despair. The thoughts excited Kokichi. The only problem was that Shuichi would have to forget everything. Including Kokichi. No matter, Kokichi thought, I'll just return the memories after it's over.