Chapter 3

Morning came quicker then Welly expected. Her phone beeped loudly (since she put an alarm on her phone) as a signal to 'get her ass' up.  She dreaded getting up especially when it was on a weekday, or rather a work day, like today.  Moaning and groaning, she slipped out of bed and pressed the 'snooze' button on her phone. As Welly tugged off her worn out pjamas and into a new, clean shirt. a shadow appeared on her door. Probably Janice, Welly thought, pulling out a pair of shorts. 

"I'll be right there." She called to the shadow. "Gimme a sec here,'k?"

The shadow did not respond. 

Welly looked at the shadow. It wasn't moving, just standing there silently.

"Janice is  that you?"

Welly inched closer to the shadow. He eyes widened at her discovery. It wasn't outside. It seemed to be...inside. Welly was confused. There was no one inside other than herself. Was her brain becoming messed up? Ignoring the strange phenomenon, she grabbed her bag and tried to pull the door open. It wouldn't budge. She felt another slithery hand touch her hand blocking her from leaving. She felt the phantom hand wrap tightly around her waist. Welly lunged her body backwards hoping to break free from the grasp. The back of her head met hard wood as her face banged against it, the body falling down with her, being smushed by her weight.  Coby burst into the room and stared dumbfounded at her lying face down on the floor

"What the heck are you doing?" Coby asked her.  Welly picked her head up and stood up. She felt no hand on her. No body at all. It was as if nothing had happened. But how was she going to explain what she felt to Coby? Would he even believe her? Best not to find out.

" I lost an earring." She lied, pointing to her earring-less lobe. Coby chuckled. Girls were always like that, he thought to himself.

"Alright then I'll leave you to it, but hurry up. There are jobs that need attending to."

"Okay,Coby. Be right there."

Coby ran off, leaving Welly behind to think about what the flying f*ck was wrong with her brain.  After a few moments, she gathered her things tucked the clipboard under her arm and bolted out the door. 

Welly's job was 'Water Fun', a camp job she didn't entirely enjoy. Even though the pond had fresh clean water in it, that didn't stop mosquitoes from buzzing around it. She trudged her way through the wet grass and finally reached the clearing where molding boats and rusty fishing equipment waited for her. 

"Well," She sighed "might as well start working, since mom and dad want me to save for collage next year." 

Welly grabbed a bucket and some sponges and went to the lake to fill it up. As she plunged the bucket into the icy lake, another voice spoke in her head.

"A snack is calling me." The voice purred softly.  

"GET OUT OF MY FREAKING HEAD!" Welly screamed, tripping and falling into the lake. Usually she wouldn't be terrified by paranormal nonsense. This, however was just ridiculous. Welly swam up to the surface and pulled herself out of the cold, lake. Her t-shirt and  shorts were stuck to her body along with her wavey black hair. Welly sighed and  tried her best to drain some of the water out.   No sooner than that, there was a loud scream coming from the forest.