Right to Know (Where She Is)

Lillith was hit by a large paw & flung across the room. She crashed into a table causing it to buckle in the center. The cloth fell over her as she sucked in air. Another snarl ripped through the air as the enormous bear charged at her. Tearing the cloth off, the bear looked around confused to find Lillith missing. Lillith appeared in a cloud of black mist beside the bear's head & kicked it square in the jaw. This snapped the bear's head who turned looking for Lillith who disappeared again. Lillith grabbed the bear by his fur & tossed him across the room. The King banged his scepter on the floor, but it did no good. The bear charged again while Lillith was distracted. Wide jaws opened & leapt towards Lillith. She fell on her back holding the beast's jaws inches away from her face & throat. It wanted blood. It wanted her dead.  Lillith tossed the bear back & drew her dagger. It charged at her again jaws wide for a kill. Lillith landed her blade in its shoulder before rolling away.

A sudden movement caught Lillith's eye. A great vine snaked its way across the stone floor & wrapped itself around the bear's leg. In one swift flick, it tossed the bear against a nearby pillar & coiled around it trapping it there. The bear snarled & roared causing the pillar to tremble. The bear tore the vines & fell forward ready to charge again. A familiar Fae leapt in front of Lillith between her & the beast. "You will not harm her!" Merribell said, her bow drawn. "ENOUGH!" the King shouted. More vines skated to the bear & coiled around him tying it up. Lillith followed the vines to see them coming from the Queen. The Queen had an angry, pained look on her face. The bear struggled before finally giving up in a grunt of exhaustion. Lillith stood & watched the bear shimmer. It changed back into the enormous man from the woods. Lillith stood & walked over to him. The man cut daggers at Lillith as she reached for her blade. Bracing on hand on his dark skin, she pull the blade out quickly. As she turned to walk away, the man leapt up snapping the vines once more. The Queen hissed in pain. The man placed his sword to Lillith's throat.

A burning sensation started on Lillith's skin as faint wisps of smoke rose. "This is a silver sword. I will let it eat your flesh until you tell me where she is!" "Who?" Lillith rasped out, the pain growing more extreme. "My sister. Cardalla!" Lillith's eyes widened. "I don't--" "Dont' lie to me!" he bellowed pressing the blade harder. Lillith's vision went dark, but she did hear a commotion. The blade dropped from her throat & her skin sizzled. Opening her eyes, Lillith saw the King holding the bear-man to the pillar with a cloud of purple magic. Merribell had her arrow released. Lillith saw it in the bear's leg. The King had a dark look on his face. "You assault my guest, you destroy my palace room, disturb my company, & harm the Queen whom you serve & swore yourself to." The bear-man looked fearful, realizing too late he had crossed lines. The Queen limped forward, "Husband," "No," the King said reading her mind, "He will pay the price. Your punishment is death. Merribell, ready your bow."

Merribell hesitated. Raising her bow a centimeter, her eyes flashed from the bear to her king, lingering longer on the bear. "That was an order not a request," the King said in a frightening tone. "My King," she spoke with a squeak. The look her gave her caused her to visibly flinch. Stepping forward, she drew her bow. Lillith saw tears in the small Fae's eyes. The Queen had a pleading look at her husband, & the bear released a single tear that rolled down his cheek. Merribell pulled back her arrow as a silent sob broke from her. The bow shook. Merribell closed her eyes. "Wait!" Lillith rasped. Her throat burning. She grabbed it & stood feeling weak. The King turned his head slightly, "What?" "Your majesty," Lillith said falling to her knees unable to stand, her throat feeling like it was being torn open. The Queen rushed to her side & covered Lillith's throat with her barked hand. "I will be your voice," she spoke in her mythical echo. 

Lillith locked eyes with the Queen. The Queen's eyes glossed over white as she spoke, "Your Majesty, I humbly ask that you spare his life. It was me he had quarrel with & I wish no harm to become him. I can aid your Queen in healing & help repair your palace." The King paused giving it regard. Turning his gaze back to the bear, he lowered him, "It seems this is your lucky day. The Blood Child wishes you to live. You owe her a debt. You are to help repair what was broken, but you have a long road back to gain my full trust." The King turned walking away. The Queen smiled at Lillith warmly & followed her husband looping her arm through his. "Thank you, your Majesty," the bear spoke with a faint sob. "Do not thank me. This was not my will. Thank the Blood Child you tried to blindly kill." The bear turned his gaze to Lillith. She looked at him & nodded still holding her throat. "Merribell," the Queen spoke turning, "Will you help take Lillith to the healers & Baluer to his room?" Merribell nodded as the King & Queen left the room.