Perfect System(For Profit Making)

Lillith & Chaos made it back home in one, very sore piece each. Lillith laid out some fresh hay for Chaos & gave him a bucket of oats before she headed inside. On her door was a note stuck into the aged wood with a blade. A blade she knew. Lillith opened the note...

It is hereby requested by the head of House Daed that Lillith Draugur appear before Sir Sanguine. The matters to be discussed in the meeting shall not be revealed until the arrival of the requested to the City of Ash, home of those in House Daed. Please make haste & arrive no later than a fortnight. You shall be compensated for your time. Return the Master's dagger for entry.

Sanguine could never leave her alone.....

House Daed was a very old Vampyr family. They lived in the City of Ash. It was a sprawling layered city made of stone. A sign of the royal members within. Sanguine had taken over after his father fell mysteriously ill. Lillith & Sanguine had been friends once upon a time. His advances towards her & charm had cooed her into his bed many a time. He was a decent lover. Suave, gentlemanly, & could really go to town between her legs with enthusiasm. No doubt that that is what he was after. It had been several months since she had seen or heard from Sanguine. It was strange that he had sent a very formal note that was obviously written by a servant, rather than his usual erotic poetry of moving sketches.

Sanguine was a fantastic distraction in the bedroom, but too much time in his presence, & Lillith began to find him annoying. He was, after all, royalty among their kind. He could be pompous, arrogant, & stubborn; refusing the advice of his council or Lillith. This usually led to him writing to Lillith to bail his royal ass out of the trouble she told him he would cause. She would show up because of his family's kindness towards her, but she would stay because of some very old friends. This was their cycle. A few months apart & he would be itching in a place he wanted Lillith to scratch.

Lillith decided as she walked in her home, to make him wait. He could stew in the shit soup he had made for himself, & he could deal with having his balls ache for a few days. Lillith stabbed the dagger down into her dresser as she went to shower, making note of just how many notches that blade had caused in her dresser. It was aged & scarred with the marks. Lillith showered the sex off herself & returned to her bed. She looked out over the moon admiring its silver brilliance. Sleep crept over her fast & soon she drifted off into darkness.

A shimmering green light broke through the veil of sleep Lillith was it. With groggy, annoyed eyes, she looked at the dagger handle. It's embedded emeralds dazzled & glowed on their own in her room. No doubt on of Sanguine's tricks. Lillith unlodged the blade from the wooden dresser & threw it under her bed. She was too exhausted to deal with Sanguine's bullshit. The dagger clanged as it hit the wooden floor stirring the wolf at Lillith's feet. Lillith collapsed back down into the pillow & let sleep take her into its embrace once again. Lillith drank in its warmth & fell through the cracks...

Five Days past before Lillith woke again. A chill bustled through the open window. Sitting up, she looked through the tattered curtain. The fog from Hammerden had crept into the forest a little earlier than anticipated. The warmth of the summer nights was slowly disappearing. Now the Flaming Forest would come into its own. As Autumn crept through the trees, Lillith could hear the forest sing. The wind sang it's hymns through the branches. The forest nymphs were stirring & making preparations for the festivals to come. This was Lillith's favorite time of year. The squirrels & birds were making chatter in the trees as they scrounged for the last foods before the cold snapped through. Even the sun was duller through the trees as their branches reached towards the sky. The trees stretched forth in front of Lillith's eyes as they came into their own. A smile spread across her face.

Lillith breathed in the coolness of the air & tore the curtain open. The fog was thick. It suffocated the forest floor like a snake slithering across the paths. The whole forest was alive & Lillith wanted nothing more than to be a part of it. Looking down at herself, Lillith made a choice she hadn't in a long time. If the forest is changing, then so must I. Closing her eyes, Lillith focused her energy on herself. Turning her power inward. A shimmer, a shake, & some tingling later, she was something she had not been in many moons. Truly female.

Lillith leapt down from the tower window & landed on the golden ground below. The leaves were humming under her feet & glowing brightly as they absorbed the changing solstice. She let the blanket wrapped around her body fall to the ground. The cool air hit her pale skin. Goosebumps rose on her flesh, her nipples hardened, & a shiver coursed through her. Lillith smiled wider & began turning in the open air, kicking up leaves as she twirled around. Lillith danced her way down to the creek edge just before her gate. Kneeling down she brought a handful of the water to her lips. Sipping gently, she let the solstice fill her. A burst of joy spread in her chest as she leapt into the water. 

Lillith splashed in the creek until she was covered in water droplets everywhere. She looked back towards the Manor to see Chaos eyeing her while trotting happily in place. Skol was soaring overhead letting the wind whip across his wings. Saber was digging up a previous kill & rolling in the dirt. Lillith walked over to Chaos & removed his saddle & reins. The stallion reared back with glee before he ran off to run around the house. Lillith fetched him some fruit & placed it in his trough with the oats & hay. Everyone could feel the energy shift. Chaos trotted back to Lillith. She reached out to stroke his muzzle, "We have a long trip coming up, my friend. We are going to the City of Ash." The horse blew a snort of air. Lillith laughed, "I know, but we have to answer the summons. I've already kept them waiting a while. This may be a big job. Which means more apples for you & some fresh mares too." Chaos nodded with a sheen of mischief in his eyes. "We leave at nightfall. Rest, enjoy the day."

Lillith headed inside & made a fire in the front room. She pulled out a blood pack & some meat before sitting in front of the fire with her fur blanket on. She held the dagger from under her bed in her hand. She could feel it pulse in her hand. Sanguine was getting anxious. She sat the knife down & curled up in front of the fire letting her eyes shut. This time she would wake when the moon rose. For now though, she slept, as peaceful as ever.