We Have a Secret

It was about 3:00 AM; Abigail was about a month and a half old. She was such a sweet baby, but at that moment I was only going on about 3 hours of sleep and at the end of my rope. We are sitting in the kitchen. I was feeding Abby then I was taken back to the time I was in 'Heaven' with Charlie. I was thinking about when I found out that I wasn't 100% human; I was a Nephilim. I hadn't been able to comprehend what that meant. I had to try to figure it out and I had to tell someone soon because if I didn't I was going to explode. Bobby walked into the kitchen about 45 minutes later.

"How are my girls doing?" He asked

"We are tired and hungry, but other than that we are great," I said smiling at him.

"That's normal for a mama and her baby," Bobby said walking into his office with a cup of coffee.

"Bobby, can I talk to you about something?" I asked walking over to the office.

"Sure thing, sweetheart," he said. "What's going on?"

"I don't know how to tell you this..." I said sitting down in one of Bobby's big chairs holding Abby who was almost asleep.

Bobby looked over at me from the book that he was reading. "What is it, Kelly?" He asked.

"Bobby, I think I went to heaven when I was in the hospital. I saw Charlie. He was 2 and a half," I said. "He showed me my life. He... he... he showed me, my mom."

"You mean the woman who beat you from the time you were an infant?" Bobby asked.

"I did see her, but she wasn't my real mom," I said, "My real mom was an angel. So I guess that that means that I am a Nephilim or something... I am not natural," I said tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"Baby girl, we will figure this out," Bobby said walking over to me and bending down in front of me so that we were at eye level.

"Abby and I aren't human, Bobby. I could be classified as a monster. We kill monsters," I said getting more emotional.

"Kelly, you and Abigail are not monsters. You are the farthest thing from a monster. You are kind to generally everyone you meet. You are taking care of this beautiful baby girl," he said taking Abby out of my arms. "You love with everything that you have and I could never think of you as anything else except my daughter who I raised from the time she was 10 years old. Go shower and relax. I've got this little 'angel'," Bobby said winking at me.