Chapter 4

~Kate's POV~
We finally made it to San Francisco and Seth was on the phone with Richie to find out where he and Santanico are staying. God I hated her so much, she's the one that brought me and my family into this snake shit in the first place. Seth finally got off the phone and put it back in his coat pocket.

"What did he say?"

"He and Santanico are staying at this little motel in this little suburb area. We are going to meet them there." Seth tells me.

"Ok." I say softly.

"Don't worry princess we will get our own room. So that way we can cuddle and do what you want." He says smirking.

"I just like being alone with you Seth and I don't care what people think about it though. I do feel scared around Richie, but with you around I know I'm safe." I say softly hoping that I didn't scared him.

"You don't have to be alone anymore Kate. I will always be here for you."

"Thank you Seth."

"Anytime princess."

I leaned my head against the window hoping to get some more sleep. My nightmares prevent me from falling asleep at night. I will never tell Seth about them since I don't want him to worry about my well-being since he has a lot to deal with right now. Seth kept driving and put on the radio to drown out the quietness in the car. We made it to the motel and saw the two of them waiting outside by their car. Seth and I got out of the car and walked towards them. Seth made sure to keep me close to him at all times. It may not be by a huge gesture but something like a simple touch. I love the warmth his touch brings makes me feel things that I really don't mind feeling these days. It's something that I haven't felt in a long while.

"We will let you two get situated in your room and then we will meet back out here afterwards." Richie tells us.

"Thanks Richie." I mumbled.

Seth followed me to the back of his Camero and we both grabbed our stuff. We found our room and walked in. It was a nice hotel room with only one bed in the center of it and the bed was really huge.

"Richie picked a good hotel this time." Seth says.

"I like it, it's nice."

"You can take the bed and I'll take the floor."

"Seth I can't let you do that."

He came over to me and pushed me up against a wall. He looked at me straight in the eye and a smirk forms on his face.

"You can and you will." He says softly.

"O-Ok Seth."

He moves away from me and then took off his jacket and handed it to me. I graciously take it and he just smiles softly.

"Thank you."

He just nods and I place the jacket on my shoulders. I didn't know what t say because it felt like he was now distancing himself from me.  

"Let's go, Richie and Santanico are waiting for us." He says sounding like he doesn't care.

If he doesn't care then fine then let him not care. Maybe I'll just put myself in danger just to see how much he really cares about me. He can try to break my walls if he really tried to but he won't and I won't let him hurt me, I've been hurt way to many times. I don't say anything but I nod. He then hands me a key card and I place it in my pocket where I know that it will be safe. I hope everything will be ok between us.