Chapter 1

I looked over at her face and she looked like she was scared out of her mind. Kate Fuller, the girl I cared about since day one was scared. She sat with me in the front of my car. She was just staring out the window not saying a word.

"What's wrong princess?" I asked hoping for an answer.

She didn't answer and I just kept driving. We were heading to Texas to do a job. I just hope she's ok. We finally got to El Paso and I found a hotel. I parked the car then went and got us a room. I walked back and grabbed our bags. I walked up to the room with her trailing behind me. I closed the door once she got in. I sat on one of the beds after undoing my tie.

"I'm gonna go shower."

She just nods and I head to the bathroom after grabbing clean clothes out of my bag. After I turned on the shower on and got in once it got warm, I then let the water relax me. I got out a few minutes later and I walk out of the bathroom. She was sitting on the bed.

"C-Can we talk about what happened when I get out of the shower." She says to me softly.

"Of course. Go ahead and shower, I'll be here when you get out."

She nods and then grabs a towel and heads to the bathroom. I go and lay on one of the beds and waited for her. I turned on the tv and started flipping through channels looking for something good to watch. I heard the shower turn off a few moments later and saw Kate walk out. She had her hair up in a towel. Ok I'd admit I have feelings for her, I have since her dad died and she started looking up to me.

"Feel any better?" I asked.

"Yea."

She comes over to where I am and lays next to me. She then placed her head on my chest. I then wrap my arms around her small frame.

"I'm sorry for everything that I've done Seth."

"Kate it wasn't your fault, Amaru had you under lock and key. You didn't know what was going on."

She looks up at me and nods. She stays quiet and I take her hand that was resting on my chest. I then kiss the top of her head making sure to keep her safe. I groan softly hearing my phone go off. I grab it off the nightstand and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Seth, where are you?" Richie says.

"I'm at a hotel with Kate. Why what do you want?"

"I found this huge score in Cali, you in?"

"Let me ask Kate."

"Hurry up with your answer."

"Fine."

I moved my phone away from my ear and looked at Kate.

"Kate?"

"Hmm?" She mumbles.

"Richie found a huge score do you want to join him?"

"Sure, but I want it to be just the two of us though."

"I'll see what I can do."

She nods and I put my phone back to my ear.

"We will meet you up there as soon as we can."

"Alright bro. Call me when your on the road."

"Sure thing."

I hung up my phone after we said our goodbyes. I place my phone back on the nightstand and put my arms back around Kate. She then looked up at me and smiles.

"Your the only normal thing in my life Seth Gecko." She says softly.

"What about Scott?"

"He's one of them, he's not my family anymore."

"He will come back eventually princess and you will welcome him with open arms."

"No I won't"

"Yes you will."

She then jumps up and sits on my stomach making me groan softly. She looks at me smirking softly. I was unsure of what she meant but I didn't care. She placed her hands on my clothed chest.

"No I won't Seth and that's final."

"Whatever you say princess."

My hands go on her waist and I feel warmth and sparks where my hands were. She then yawns and I chuckle.

"Let's sleep Kate."

She nods and then slowly got off of me with my help. She cuddles close to me and slowly falls asleep.

"G'night Seth."

"Good night princess."

I kiss the top of her head and then I slowly drift off into a dreamless sleep, hoping that everything will be ok in the morning.