To Claire-Bear: Sorry, but hey. GTG. Bells about to ring. Xx

I silenced my phone and picked up my stuff as the bell rang. I walked down the hall quietly. Ahh, Chemistry. My favorite subject. I walked in to the room and moved directly to the back. No one wants to sit with a freak. I pulled out my Chemistry book and homework, setting my notebook to the side. Liam walked in and gave our teacher, a middle aged man, a slip of paper.

"Class." He rasped. "Welcome, Liam Payne. You can take a seat anywhere, Mr. Payne."

I Looked around there were plenty of empty seats. But Liam walked directly to my table and sat down.

"You don't want to sit there." I warned.

"Why not?"

"I'm not exactly popular." I sighed.

"I can handle bullies." he smiled at me.

"We'll be starting Unit Seventeen today, class." Mr. Moore droned on. "Miss Sage, make sure that Mr. Payne is caught up."

"Yes, sir."

The rest of class, Liam and I talked while working. I started packing my stuff up when Liam grabbed my open notebook. It was a page of unfinished lyrics.

"What's this?" He asked flipping through pages.

"I write music." I pulled the note book away from him and put it away.

"I like singing." Liam mumbled.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I tried out for the X-factor about two years ago. I didn't make it past the judges houses. I'm trying again this year."

"That's so cool!" I smiled. The bell rang.

"See you at lunch?" Liam asked.

"Sure. Meet me at the library?"

I walked away. The next two classes flew by. I made my way to the library.

"Did you see the new guy in Chem.?! He sat by the freak intentionally."

"Eww, that's gross. He probably felt bad for her." The two girls laughed. I pushed past them. I turned, walking backwards.

"Jealous much?!" I asked. They rolled their eyes and walked away. Liam came up to me.

"I usually grab lunch and hang in the library."

"Sounds good." He smiled. We dropped our bags and walked to the café.

"Looks like soup or chicken with mashed potatoes." I cringed. "I guess I'm getting the chicken."

We walked through the line and walked back to the library.

"Why do you look upset?" Liam asked.

"Don't laugh!" I warned.

"What?"

"I don't like spoons. That's why I gave that look." I said picking up potatoes with a fork.

"I'm frightened of them." Liam admitted.

"No way! You're joking."

"I'm serious!"

"well that makes me feel more normal." I smiled.

We finished eating and talked more. I gave him a slip of paper with my number so he could text me. School finally ended. Liam and I went our separate ways. He walked to the buses and I got into my uncle's Cadillac with one of his drivers.

Back at the house I grabbed some crackers and ran to my room. I pulled out homework and turned on my laptop.

"Fallon?!" I heard my name.

"Yes, Uncle Simon?" I got up and walked out of my room.

"Come here, please!" he called.

I walked toward his voice in the kitchen.

"Yes?"

"I want you to meet my friend, Cheryl." I noticed a woman sitting at the table. She looked friendly.

"I have some business to handle. You two should talk." Uncle Si, left.

"Hello." She smiled. I moved to sit in front of her.

"Hi, I'm Fallon."

"That's a very pretty name."

"Thanks." I said shyly.

"How's school?"

"Fine."

"You can talk to me. I'm not here to judge you. You don't have to. It's your choice. Your uncle is worried about you."

"Why? I haven't complained."

"He thinks you don't have friends."

"I made one today. I think."

"Oh really? That's nice."

"His name's Liam."

"A boy?"

"Yes. He's cute."

"I remember talking to boys at your age."

"Yeah."

"Are you gonna come hang out when the X-Factor auditions start up?"

"Uhh, maybe."

"I'm a judge. So I have to be there.. I'd love it if you came though. Will you think about it?"

"Yeah, I'll think about it. Please excuse me, but I have homework to do."

"Okay." She smiled. I handed her my phone so she could add her number.

"Bye, Cheryl. Thank you!"

"Bye, Fallon." I walked her to Uncle Simon's office and walked back to my room. I had a text from a new number.

Unknown: Hey It's Liam.

Liam: Hey

I did my homework and skyped with Claire while texting Liam. Afterwards, I took a long shower. I crawled into my bed. For once, I fell asleep smiling.