Chapter 2: Broken Walls

Start from the beginning

"(Y/N)!"

     You turned your head to the voice of the origin to see a scrawny blond waving at you. "Prompto?"

     Before Prompto could respond, he was shoved by a muscled and strong arm. "Not gonna get down there kid?" Gladiolus asked, shouting from afar and ignoring a struggling and whining blond.

     You shook your head. "I'll be staying here."

     "Alright then. We'll have to go!" The male grinned and jumped off with Prompto who screamed as they fell earthward.

     You looked down, watching hordes of cloaked men attacking and various colors of orbs bursting towards daemons from different directions. You pulled an arrow from your back, then settled it on the string. You focused, squinting your eyes while you pulled the string with the arrow then pointed it downward to a squirming octopus-looking daemon.

     Focus. You thought. Don't let anything distract you. Focus.

     Adrenaline rushed through your body as cold sweat trickled down your neck although it was a cold night. Your eyes settled on the monster.

     Five. Four. Three. Two. You took a deep breath to prevent your hands from trembling. One.

     Your fingers let go of the string that released the arrow. It shoot down to earth, and right before your naked eyes although you were miles away from the ground, you caught a glimpse of the creature's tentacles fall limp on the ground, followed by the daemon itself as it screeched.

     The wipe-out of daemons probably lasted until midnight. Soon you felt exhausted after relentlessly releasing arrows down to earth. You wiped off the sweat off your forehead as you stood up. You jumped off the plane and soon after warping directly to the ground, you met up with Nyx and the others. The male gave you a pat on the back.

     "I told you I aimed well," you smiled, playfully boasting about your shooting of arrows.

     Nyx rolled his eyes. "Fine then. I'll make your absences an excuse since you did a pretty good job on killing almost a hundred. But starting from now, once I didn't see you present in our next meeting you know the consequence that'll be placed upon you."

     "Yeah yeah." You poked his arm playfully. "So are we done with the mission already?"

     His eyes looked over your shoulder. "Not yet."

     "Huh?" Confused, you turned around to see Ignis running towards the two of you. He had a hint of anxiety in his face that you could tell the reason behind it.

     "Lieutenant." Ignis bowed before you; in the inside, you almost felt uncomfortable when someone addressed you that. The male fixed his glasses. "I'm afraid—as much as I hate to tell you this—the walls. They are falling."

     "What"

     All the other glaives were looking up to the pitch black sky and so you did. Yes, the Crown City had boundaries to prevent outsiders from attacking the Lucians. Although these walls seemed nowhere to be seen when you looked through it initially, after a few moments of focusing, you could see illusionary walls built around the city.