Fifty-Two - April 28, 2018

Start from the beginning

I closed the door and leaned against it, closing my eyes. After I gave myself a moment to breathe, I opened my closet and pulled down the pajama pants I had taken from my parents' room right after the accident. I used to sleep in them all the time, but I hadn't in a while. I tossed them onto my bed while I changed into a pair of short silk pajama shorts and black tank top. I left my hair pinned up and went back to the living room, where Luke sat on the couch.

"Here ya go," I said, handing him the pajamas over his shoulder.

"Thanks. I'll be right back," Luke said, going into the hall bathroom.

I exhaled and threw myself onto the loveseat. "Breathe, Brooke. It's just Luke... and no one said you have to have sex tonight," I whispered to myself.

But every other time I've been alone with a guy... it's been expected.

"Uh, Brooke?" Luke said, breaking my thoughts.

My head shot up, and I immediately laughed. I had forgotten to give him a shirt. "Oops," I squeaked.

He smiled, pushing his hair off his forehead. "So... what do you want to do?" he asked, walking toward me slowly and sitting next to me.

I shrugged. "It doesn't matter... I just like being with you," I said truthfully.

"Me too," he murmured, reaching around and pulling the pins out of my hair one by one, curls brushing my shoulders as they fell. His fingers brushed my neck as he took out the last pin, letting it fall somewhere into the couch. I didn't care; I couldn't breathe.

He pulled me to him, lying back on the couch and pulling me on his lap, one leg on either side of his hips. I put my hands on his cheeks and pressed my lips to his – gently at first, and then harder and faster. He met my passion and ignited a spark between us I had never felt before. It was white hot, fiery, ardent.

He put his hands on my waist and pushed my shirt up my back, his fingertips grazing my skin, leaving what felt like embers of a raging fire with every touch. I ran my hands down his chest, feeling the ripple of his pecs and abs. I stopped kissing him for a moment and looked down at him curiously.

"What?" he murmured.

"Have you been working out?" I asked.

He grinned. "I was wondering when you'd notice."

"Well, you haven't been shirtless in front of me in a bit," I pointed out.

"True." He leaned up and kissed me again, his hands still under my shirt, pushing it up just a little further.

I moaned against his mouth, and he pushed further. I lifted my arms and he pulled my shirt off, tossing it behind his head.

I hadn't bothered wearing a bra, and something below Luke's waist told me he was quite glad about this.

"Jesus," he muttered, putting his hands on my waist and running them up my sides, tracing the sides of my breasts. I felt a delicious shiver run through my veins.

I leaned down, putting my lips to his neck, sucking gently. He groaned and shifted beneath me, pressing himself against my thigh. His hands slid down my back until his fingers crept inside the waist of my shorts, tugging on them. I slipped them off and he slid the pajama pants off, both pairs landing on top of each other in the floor.

We were now in our underwear, and I knew that this was happening. It was happening and I didn't want it to stop.

Luke

Oh fuck, I thought. She is so fucking perfect. And I have no damn clue what I'm doing. All I know is I have never been so turned on in my life.

She bit her lip, straddling me again, her silk underwear brushing against me. "Mmmm," I moaned, putting my hands on the small of her back, pulling her as close to me as possible without... damnit, I need her now.

"Is this okay?" I murmured.

"God, yes," she groaned, my lips just barely grazing hers, and I knew I was making her as crazy as she was making me.

"What about this?" I whispered, lowering my hands, pushing her panties down a couple inches.

"Mmmhmm," she hummed, kissing my neck again, her hands drifting to the waistband of my boxers.

"Then let's get rid of these," I said, standing her up and pushing them further down, and she mirrored my movements until we were standing in front of each other as bare and vulnerable as possible. I pushed her hair back, resting my hands on the back of her head.

"Brooke?" I whispered, my chest heaving.

"Yes?" she replied, almost imperceptibly.

"Can I..." I didn't know how to say it; my tongue seemed to be completely tied.

She swallowed and ran her hand through my hair. "Make love to me, Luke."

I sighed longingly and gently pushed her onto the couch, her dark hair spilling around her shoulders.

"There's nothing else I'd rather do," I murmured.

"Luke... stop talking," she teased, her brown eyes sparkling.

"Yes ma'am," I replied, moving over her, never taking my eyes off of hers.

When we connected, I felt something I had never felt before: pure magnetic attraction – like we were two parts of a whole that would never again be able to exist apart from one another.