Let's think... The last time I couldn't move forward was when I was trying to find the Forbidden Mountains. I had to discover an hidden road and create a bridge to reach the castle. For that, according to the magic book, I had to... No. It can't be. Oh well, why not?

She looked at the door handle with attention. A tiny needle rose from the top of the handle.

Of course, the key is always the same...

Without an after thought, she pricked her finger on the needle, a drop of blood flowed down her finger and fell on the iron which glowed with a strange red light. The door creaked open and Aurora could finally enter the famous spell room. And what she saw right before her eyes took her breath away.

Maleficent was a very organized and demanding woman. Even though there was not many furniture, decoration nor objects in the Forbidden Mountains, everyone could notice that every book, every chair, every curtain, and every utensil was properly tidied right where they belonged.

But this room...

This room had nothing to do with the rest of the castle. This room was the exception. It was a small and dark circular room full of long and wobbling tables and broken shelves. Every corner of the tiny place was filled with torn books which seemed to be opened at a random page, and tons of parchments in different colors and sizes. If the other halls and rooms of the Forbidden Mountain were the perfect reflexion of Maleficent's strict and classy looks, this hidden place in the heart of the castle must be the reflexion of its owner's very soul. Chaotic and tormented.

Aurora swallowed hardly and took a step forward. She did not know where to look nor where to search first, but she knew she had not enough time to rummage the desks and cupboards from top to bottom. She had to search and find her answers quickly. She looked around with a fast circular motion of her head. She restrained a little cry of excitement as her eyes spotted an old shattered piece of parchment hung on the wet stone wall. This strange paper was certainly not here only by chance.

She grasped the paper in a sharp gesture and held it right under the torch. As her eyes read the first words written in an ancient dark ink, she felt her heart pounding in her chest.

There lay her answer.

The Prophecy.

Finally, she was about to know. She was about to comprehend Maleficent's deepest intentions.

A destiny of power and immortality

For the strongest wicked fairy,But the woman born from the DawnShall destroy what Evil has done,Hair of sunshine gold,She only can neutralize the force you hold,Lips as red as the rose,She only can open the heart you close,She is your guide on the darkest path of all,She will lead you straight to your downfall,Unless peace be brought by the dove–

"Like a rose on the grave of love."

A low, cold voice echoed in the dark. Aurora froze in terror. Her eyes widened as her hands let fall the parchment which slowly flew down to the ground.

"I see you did not wait for too long to disobey me." Maleficent said, her voice as sharp as a thousand swords.

The Queen did not dare to turn around to look into the fairy's eyes for she was too afraid of what she could read in those endless black pupils. Anger, sadness, disappointment... She could not bear to see those feelings in Maleficent's eyes.

The young woman closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to think quickly.

"Maleficent, I... I'm sorry, I just..." She sputtered miserably, still refusing to face the older woman, "I wanted to know, I wanted some answers but you... You didn't want to tell me, so I thought I could find some answers here–"