Prologue

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IS DEAD

This was the headline of all of the newspapers in France. The notorious opera ghost had met his demise. The mysterious and romantic tale of the Phantom of the Opera died along with him. The Paris Opera House was now acclaiming frequent visitors each day. Granted, it would when talk of chandeliers falling on audience members and stagemen being hung by their necks during the ballets ceased for good. 

But really, nobody could say that the legend really died. Everybody would remember the famed opera ghost who terrorized the Opera Populaire mercilessly. The true reasons of his actions would forever be unknown to the public. Some thought it was because of the soprano, Christine Daee, whom the ghost was rumored to be in love with. Others concluded that he was just a deranged individual. Needless to say, everyone was shocked when the feared opera ghost's death was announced. It was the end of an era for them. The end of the rumors, the end of the unfortunate tragedies, the end of the phantom of the opera.

But really, could they say the opera ghost was gone for good? Could a new opera ghost follow in his footsteps and become the new phantom of the opera? Nobody could know for sure. That is, until one day, in the empty theatre, a lone attendant was walking across the stage. 

He stopped in his tracks as he heard the faint sound of a violin deep in the night. Nobody could doubt that it came from the below the depths of the opera house. 

The music of the night had been reawakened. A new phantom had emerged.