― vi. say hi to auntie bella

Start from the beginning

"There you go," he said proudly. "Best range of love potions you'll find anywhere."

Hermione raised an eyebrow sceptically. 

"And what are those?" Ron asked, pointing at a number of round balls of fluffs in shades of pink and purple, all rolling around the bottom of a cage and emitting high-pitched squeaks.

"Pygmy Puffs."

The group turned around to see Edelyn in her maroon uniform.

"H-hey," Harry greeted.

Catching a glimpse of an eleven-year-old boy eyeing a Dungbomb as if he was going to knick it, Fred hastily said, "I'll leave you guys to it then."

"So, what are you guys doing here?" Edelyn asked.

"We're picking up supplies for school. We got our Hogwarts letters this morning after you left," Hermione explained. 

Ron grinned. "And guess who made Captain of the Quidditch team."

Edelyn beamed. "I knew it!" She punched Harry lightly in the arm. "Guess you'll be using that whistle after all."

Harry smiled gingerly and rubbed the back of his neck. "Thanks. Anyways, we brought you your letter." 

"Mione thought you'd be itching to know your O.W.L. results," Ron said, rolling his eyes.

"R-right." Edelyn felt a small twitch begin in her right thigh. She gulped and took the letter from Harry. As soon as her eyes stopped scanning across the parchment, Ron snatched the letter back and read it, Harry and Hermione peering over his shoulders. 

"Yup, I knew it!" He shook his head. "Five Outstandings, an Exceeds Expectations in History of Magic, Astronomy, and Arithmancy, and an Acceptable in Care of Magical Creatures."

Hermione squealed and pulled Edelyn into a tight hug. "We're N.E.W.T. students now!"

Edelyn smiled. She folded the letter carefully and tucked it into her pocket. She thought of how Cedric had received an O in Care of Magical Creatures. She wondered whether Sirius would have been proud. 

Harry watched her carefully, then nudged the back of his hand against hers. "You alright?" 

Edelyn fluttered her lashes and rubbed her nose. "Mhm," she said quickly, then meeting Harry's gaze, her expression softened and she whispered, "One-sixty." 

Harry contemplated reaching out to offer a hug when Ron tapped his shoulder. "Look." He cocked his head out the window. 

Draco Malfoy was hurrying up the street alone, pausing to glance over his shoulder before disappearing around a corner.

"Wonder where Mummy is," Harry muttered. 

"Given her the slip by the looks of it," Ron said.

"What are you—?" Edelyn began. 

"We met Malfoy and his mother in Madam Malkin's earlier," Hermione explained. 

"Nasty bit of work that woman is," Ron grumbled. "Said some nasty things about — well, about you and Sirius."

Edelyn frowned. "Oh."

Harry surveyed the shop, spotting Ginny showing Mr and Mrs Weasley a pygmy puff. He hesitated, then quickly pulled the Invisibility Cloak out from inside his bag. 

"Get under here, quick."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅