Chapter 11

Kristen's POV

My mom drives off after me hopping out of the car and onto the sidewalk that lay just in front of the mall. The front doors were right around the corner, so I took my time heading over there. I took a step, checked my phone, took another step, checked my phone again. I wasn't expecting a text or anything, but for some reason I wasn't really looking forward to hanging out with Madison and them all.

I turn the corner and see Madison and her clique all standing there with phones in hands.

"KRISTEN!" Madison yells and runs toward me with her arms spread out, ready to give me a hug. Everyone follows.

"Kristen, love your shirt!" Shay beams. I look down at my old blue t-shirt.

"Um... thanks?" I shrug while grinning. I've had that shirt since I was 10 (it was huge on me at the age of 10).

"I think we need to get more clothes for you though..." Paige adds.

"Agreed." Madison nods and leads all of us into the crowded mall.

"So, how's Matt?" Tay giggles.

"He's good, I guess." I feel my cheeks getting hotter.

"Awww you're blushing!" Madison cheers. She places her polish fingers on my shoulder and looks me in the eye.

"You guys make a really good couple Kristen." Madison let's go of my shoulder and puts her hands on her hip. The rest of the group nods slowly. I shrug wondering why they were acting so weird.

"Well let's get shopping!" Madison snaps and every turns to the mall doors.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I lung threw the doors of my home. Who knew shopping could be so exhausting? I had at least 20 shopping bags dangling from my arms.

"How was," My mom pauses and looks at me with my face down on the floor, my shopping bags surrounding me, "the mall..."

"Oh it was good, I guess." I tilt my head up from the floor. "I'm just a little tired." I mumble before planting my face back onto the carpeted floor.

"Okay then. Well dinners ready so go put your clothes into your room and get ready."

"Okay give me like 10 minutes." I shove myself up from the floor and trudge up the stairs, my eyes still closed. Once I reach the top of the steps I slowly start to wake up. I turn the corner and walk into my room. I drop all the bags to the ground which created a big thud.

"Kristen what are you doing up there?" My mom yells from downstairs.

"Oh sorry I just dropped the bags." I yell back.

I put all the clothes from the shopping trip into my closet. Then I sprint down the stairs to the bathroom to wash my hands.

"Hurry up Kristen." My mom calls from the kitchen.

"I'm coming!" I yell back. I walk into the kitchen and plop down across from both my mom and dad.

We say a quick prayer and then dig into our dinner. Chicken and rice, the meal we eat almost every night. I roll my eyes.

"So how was your shopping trip?" My dad asks.

"Good but tiring." I stammer.

"Well that's- that's good." My dad shrugs.

My phone starts ringing from inside my pockets. I pull it out and look down to see who was calling. It was Matt.

"Can I please take this call?" I ask. "Its... important." There is an awkward pause before my mom answers.

"Fine, but make it quick."

I rush outside to the porch and answer the call.

"Matt?"

"Hey Kristen."

"Whatsup?"

"Oh nothing much I just have a question to ask you."

"Okay..."

There is a quick pause but then Matt starts talking again.

"I was wondering if you would like to go to the Valentines Dance with me this Friday?"

I smile and nod. But then I realize Matt can't see me so I quickly answer in words.

"Yes of course." I grin.

"Okay-"

"Kristen come finish dinner!" My mom yells.

"Sorry Matt I have to go, I'll call you back."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

I hang up with a smile from ear to ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't uploaded in a long time! I'll try to upload more often!!

Comment if you want me to keep uploading!