Chapter 8

Kristen's POV

Matt's mom turned out to be incredibly nice. She didn't ask many questions, which I liked about her. She just let us relax and enjoy the drive.

When I got home, I was engulfed in a big family hug with my mom, dad, and me.

"How was school?" My mom, of course. asked.

"Fine." I shrug with a smile.

"Good."

"But I have to go do homework." I lie. Really none of my teachers gave me homework, but I wanted an excuse to escape all their questions.

"Okay sweetie." My mom gives me a quick hug before I dash upstairs to my room.

I jump onto my bed and take out my iPhone. I forgot to ask my new friends for their numbers, so I decided to text my old ones.

Text To Brooke:

hey how's it going?

I pushed down on the send button and decided to search Instagram. I was a little curious about Matt Espinosa, his name did sound familiar.

I search his name and hundreds of accounts popped up, mostly fan pages. I press on the first account that pops up. My mouth drops and eyes widen.

Matthew Espinosa, my boyfriend was famous! I quickly press the follow button and go onto twitter to find him.

Already in my feed, Matt had followed me. I smile and follow him back, shortly after sending him a dm asking for his number.

Text From Brooke:

awful:( i have nothing to do all day! i can't believe i actually miss school! what's up w/ u, how's ur new school?

Text to Brooke:

it's awesome! do u know who Matt Espinosa is?

I hold my breath, hopefully Brooke wouldn't think I was bragging about my perfect new school.

Twitter- DM from Matt Espinosa:

my number- 123-456-7890

Twitter- DM to Matt Espinosa:

thanks:) my number is 098-765-4321

Twitter- DM from Matt Espinosa:

k, I'll txt you :)

Text From Brooke:

yes! i love him so much❤️

Text to Brooke:

well he goes to my new school...

Text From Brooke:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG CALL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laugh and quickly call Brooke.

"AHHHHHH OH MY GOD KRISTEN! THE MATTHEW ESPINOSA GOES TO YOUR SCHOOL? THATS CRAZY! CRAZY! TOO CRAZY! DID YOU TALK TO HIM? ARE YOU GUYS FRIENDS?" Brooke screams into the phone, almost causing me to loose my hearing.

"Ya, I talked to him and he's my friend... well alittle more."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?"

"He asked me out." I pause and then my heart drops. I had completely forgot about the sleepover planned with my new friends. "I got to go! Call you later with all the details!" I press the end button and rush downstairs.

"Mom! Do we have the directory for my new school?" I yell.

"No, not yet. Why?"

"I completely forgot that I was supposed to go to my new friends house for a sleepover!" I sit down and rub my forehead to ease the headache that was approaching.

"Don't worry, don't worry." My mom rubs my back. "It's no big deal, you can explain to them that you were busy."

"But I wasn't!" I cry. "I don't want to mess up a friendship that's only lasted for a day!" I wrap my arms around my stomach and slowly rock back and forth.

"Well I'm sorry Kristen, but there's nothing we can do about it." My mom soothingly whispers.

"I know, I'm just-" I pause thinking for a word. "Disappointed-" I look down at my feet. "For forgetting about them." I wonder how mad they are going to be. What if they don't want me to be their friend anymore?

"Don't worry. They'll forgive you." My mom gives my back one last pat before heading back into the kitchen.

"Hopefully." I mumble as my phone goes off in my pocket.

Text From 123-456-7890:

hey it's Matt!

I quickly unlock my phone and create a contact name for him.

Text to Matt:

hey Matt:) whatsup?

I sigh with a grin. I guess instead of having a sleepover with my new friends, I would have to settle with my phone... and of course texts from Matt, which was completely fine by me. Soon I have a huge smile spread across my face.

Text From Matt:

nothing much... thinking bout making a new vine. don't know what it should b about though...

Text To Matt:

omg! can we possibly hang out 2morrow? i want to help w/ ur vine!!!

Text From Matt:

yes, totally! where do u want to meet? how bout that park by the school???

Text To Matt:

the one we passed 2day when ur mom drived?

Text From Matt:

yep

Text To Matt:

ok, cya there at 1:00?

Text From Matt:

sounds like a date:)

My heart beat quickens and a rush of heat spreads through me. Did he mean a date, as in boyfriend girlfriend, or was this just hanging out? I couldn't tell...

But either way I was happy.