Chapter 7

Kristen's POV

The rest of the day I had a smile engraved onto my face. I had pretty much just met Matt that morning! I guess Matt must of liked me a lot. I felt my cheeks start reddening as I walk out of my new, perfect school and to the bus.

Matt was already there, waiting for me. When he saw me he sprinted out and gave me a tight hug.

"How was your first day?" Matt smiles.

"Perfect!" I throw back my head and laugh.

Matt takes my hand in his and pulls me away from the bus.

"Where are we going?" I ask with a giggle.

"You'll see." Matt grins.

"But aren't we going to miss the bus?"

"My mom can pick us up." Matt shrugs and keeps tugging on my arm.

I try to pull back to the bus, but Matt's strong grip wasn't letting me go anywhere except where he was leading me to.

"Almost there." Matt pulls me back behind the school and up to a ladder.

"What is this?" I look up the ladder which I assumed led to the roof.

"Just follow me." Matt began to climb up the ladder.

"Matt! Can't you get in trouble for this?" I yell up to him.

"I don't know." Matt turns his head to face me. "But no teacher is going to come up onto the roof." Matt smirks and resumes climbing.

"Matt!" I huff. "I don't want to get kicked out on my first day." I twirl my hair around with my fingers.

"You won't. Come on, stop worrying so much!" Matt laughs.

"Fine." I give up and grip my hand against the cold wood.

I climb quickly and once I get to the top Matt grabs my hands once again and guides me to another destination.

"Sometimes I come here." Matt sits on the edge of the roof and pats the ground next to him. I follow orders and sit. "Just to think, or watch everyone leaving." Matt shrugs.

"It's nice up here." I sigh and watch a bird shuffle across a branch.

"Yea, it is." Matt grins softly.

There was a long pause of just us sitting there, not speaking. But surprisingly, it wasn't awkward at all. I felt comfortable with Matt.

"So Kristen." Matt breaks the silence and looks down into my eyes. "The valentines dance is this Friday." A grin spreads over my face. "And I was wondering if you-"

"Yes." I break into a full smile.

Matt laughs and gives me a hug.

I close my eyes and think back to my old school, my old boyfriend. My heart drops. My old boyfriend was almost as perfect as Matt, and I had to say, I missed him. But now I have Matt. Now I have Matt.

My eyes shoot open when I hear footsteps coming from the ground below.

"Who is up there?" I hear a mans voice yell up.

"Follow me!" Matt whispers into my ear. Quickly I slide back and jump to my feet. Matt leads me behind a long pipe. We both crouch down behind it.

"I know someone is up there!" The man yells again and I hear footsteps climbing up the ladder.

I hold my breath, not wanting him to find us. Matt does the same.

"Either you come out now and I will not punish you, or I will have to search for you and when I find you." There was a slight pause. "Let's just say, you're going to have to have a long talk with the principal." The man chuckles.

I glance at Matt. Matt motions for us to stand up and reveal ourselves to the man. Slowly we slide up and walk out from behind the pipe.

"I knew someone was up here." The man grins. My mouth drops as I recognize the man. It was my