Three

Hey I'm on a roll.
Vote if you're enjoying it so far, comment if you want to give me suggestions. Whether it be writing style or the plot of the story. It would be appreciated :))))
______________

The five of us headed to the grand lobby. Too grand lobby. I looked around the place as we walk to the glass doors. My head held high as we strut to the threshold of the doors.

I look at them, "There's an exchange shop parallel to the river walk, I remember. Also, you guys should stick by each other, it gets a little crowded— what the fuck?" I looked down to see Max holding one of the wine bottles that was served earlier. I shook my head and started to walk to our first destination. The money exchanger.

Our brows all furrowed as the guy behind the counter continues to blabber in Mandarin. I could understand some words, but got lost in most of them. I faked a chuckled and tried to get his attention. For the last time he continues to rant until he stops, not even catching his breath.

"Uhm, Ni Hao." Daniel greets hesitantly with a little wave. "We're here to exchange money."

"He knows Dan, that's kind of his job." Pierre comments.

"Do you want to fight, Gasly?" He faces him and tries to act intimidating. The two continue to do their playful banter which gradually became louder. I looked at Brendon, he shrugged in return and crossed his arms.

Max opens the bottle of wine and takes a swig of it and says "Can we just get the money exchaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa—", he's actually drunk now. "aaaaaaaaaaaanged."

The man behind the counter watches the scene before him and gets out of his place behind the counter and goes to us. I couldn't hear what he was saying considering Daniel is basically shouting at this point.

"Oi now I actually want to fight you, Gasly."

All I can see was the man pointing at Max's wine before shooing us out of his store and him pushing Daniel and Pierre without hurting them in the process.

"You guys," Brendon points at them "Are such kids, honestly!"

"Honestly!" Max mocks him.

"You too, Verstappen." Max rolls his eyes and laughed in return. Brendon apologises to me. I haven't even processed on what happened and when I did, I laughed together with Max. There stood Brendon just dumbfounded at the amount of young adults he'll be babysitting throughout the night.

"So what are we going to do now?" Pierre asks. I'll do you. What?

"I'll try getting in again." I said and walked to the door. Before even touching it, the man opens it and shook his head. I couldn't even try to explain or persuade him, he closes the door. There's no use in arguing. I frowned and wondered why he seemed scared to let us in again. There it clicked. He was pointing at Max's bottle earlier. We aren't allowed to bring open alcohol bottles in public. Maybe the man just did not want to get involved if ever we got caught.

Maybe I wasn't bad at guessing after all.

"I don't know where the other money exchange shops are so I think we should just head back." I frowned as I said this. Quite disappointed as I did want to hang with them longer.

"Nuh-uh." Daniel shakes his head. "I ain't going back in there. They're just spitting out statistics out of their mouths." We laughed.

"Let's just use my money, I'll treat you guys. I'm probably not going to see you guys again after this night." I said and chuckled. They nodded.

"You sure?"

"Yes. Please, I need good ice cream, we all need good ice cream. I want to prove to you guys that God truly does exist." I said and they laughed.