1.

Tears streamed down my face one after another. I'd just told my mom I was gay, it was a terrible decision. I hated myself for telling her. "Sadie sink listen to me" My mother screamed in my face.

She grabed my by the collar of my shirt pushing me against the wall. "You disgust me after everything I've ever done for you, you whore" my mom screamed louder. The tears fell faster. Her words stung.

"B-b-but m-" Mom cut me off. "NO" She spat and slapped me hard across the face."Don't cry, you slut, you're sick I'm sending you off" She yelled. She slapped me again hitting the other side of my face just as hard. Her words echoed in my ears.

"Mo-m I'll c-change I promis-e" i crocked out deep down I knew if never change."Stop you're sick" She spat slapping me once again I groaned in pain. She slapped me again her hand now turned into a fist. I could feel my face filling full of bruses.

I could feel the blood from my nose dripping down my face. My salty tears burned the cuts on my face. My mother cursing under her breath every hit. Every punch, every slap I hated her more and more. Yes she was my mother, but she was my mother that beat me for who I was.

After she was finished she whiped her hands on her jeans as if the blood from my face was dirt from when she worked in the garden. I slid down the wall holding my face in my hands.

"Get your ass up, you're leaving soon" she spat. I stood up in pain groaning. My face was swelling It was hard to see anything at all. I pulled myself together and stoped myself from crying any further.

I took a deep breath. My head pounded in my ears. I grabed my head stumbling over my own feet. My mom rushed to the car I followed behind her.

----------------------

"Um excuse me" my mother said in a gentle voice. She used it when talking to anyone outside of the family. I tuned my mom out not wanting to hear her voice anymore I hated her with all my heart.

My mother and the woman at the front desk conversation continued for a minute long. My mom was filling out all the information they will need just liked she had done at the doctors office a thousand times.

I saw a man in a white doctors looking clothes give me a short smile and grabed my arm "This way" he grunted pulling me to a room. We stoped at a door. I kept my head down tears filling the brim of my eyes."I'm sorry you're here" he said with a small smile.

"I- it's fine" I said studdering."I'm not really mean and I don't think your "sick" as your mother had said. Honstly there isn't anything wrong with you" he said. I smiled back."Thank you" I said just above a whisper.

"I just act mean around the other staff. And your face" he said touching my swollen face. I flinched at the pain.

"Your mother do this" he asked examining my face." I-i fell-" I said then stopping myself. "Actually no. I told her I was gay and she was furious" I said letting a tear fall down my face.

"I'll get you ice after I show you ypur room" he said then reached for the door handle stoped himself."Do you smoke?" He asked. I nervously shook my head yes. He grabbed a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket handing me the pack and a tiny lighter.

"Thank you so much" I said wanting to hug him but didn't. He just smiled and opened the door to reveal a girl sitting on a bed with a book in hand.

"Millie" he said. The girl now I knew named Millie looked up from her book. I stared at her blankly she gave me a small smile. I shortly smiled at her stopping my self from the pain.

"She is new and is staying with you, make her welcome while I get ice for her face" he said and walked out.

I let out a shaky breath and pulled a cigarette out of the fresh packet and lit it fast, quickly putting it in my mouth deeply inhaling closing my eyes.

"Hey" Millie said smiling."Hey" I said smiling back looking around the room it had a window retrained by concrete bars. Two beds neatly made and two dressers, and a sink. The room was small but I expected less. I shrugged.

"I'm Sadie" I said sitting down on the bed across from Millie." I'm Millie" she said sitting her book down beside her.

"Wanna cigarette" I asked. She chuckled "Hell yeah" she said as I handed the cigarette box to her and the lighter. She quickly lit her cigarette and tossed the box and lighter back.

I chuckled at her words. I looked out the window."Your face" Millie said standing up and sitting beside me.

"Oh it's nothing" i said."Dont seem like something. I don't even know how you can even see me right now" She said. I let out a little chuckel.

I didnt want to lie.i had no reason to lie anyway."My mom she did this once I told her I was gay" I flinched remember what she had said you disgust me, after everything I've done for you, ypu whore. The words replayed in my head like a record on replay.

She nodded not saying anything she gave me a gental smile. After a moment the door opened showing the man that had been so nice with a pair of clothes and a bag on ice. He handed me the clothes and the ice and wished for me to feel better.

"Oh before you leave, what's your name" I asked as he almost walked out he door."John" he said a walked out.

Millie turned away as I quickly changed. I sat down with a sigh looking at My self in the grey plain clothes.

Millie stood up grabbing a rag from her dresser, she drenched it in water and walked to me. She tilted my head up. I was waitimg for her to hit me or something bad to happen. I squeezwd me eyes cloes. I was taken by supprised when she rubbed the dry blood from under my nose.

I opened my eyes to meet hers kindly staring back at me. She finished cleaning my face, tossed the dirty rag in the corner "Thank you" I said above a whisper. I shoved the ice bag on my face feeling the swelling going down.

She nodded and layed down on her bed. I layed down on my bed with a small smile on my face.

I hope you liked it. I didn't read over it bc I'm lazy so if you see any spelling errors just ignore it :)

Thanks 4 reading