Chapter 5- Welcome To The Underworld

~Mona Lisa~

I spend the rest of the day in my art room, just painting away. I have the background done, and I've started on what I think is a person, but I'm not sure yet. That night, I had another nightmare about my failed Underworld mission, probably triggered by the fact that I'm going back soon. I really want to talk to Keaton about it, but Talon told me that I'm not to tell anyone about this assignment. I don't understand why I can't, but I do as Talon tells me to because he's the president of TOXIN. I can't not listen to him. When I wake up the next morning, I look at the calendar, realizing that it's already Thursday. Geez, time flies, doesn't it? Sighing, I get up and move around and get ready for the day, brushing my teeth, combing my hair which is blonde today, and grabbing one of my white jumpsuits.

At my assigned time, I grab some paper and pencil just in case and head to Talon's office. Today he is telling me all about the assignment, and though I'm still a bit nervous about going back to the Underworld, I'm excited as well. Last time I went that party was pretty lit, so I'm hoping that it will be a party worth remembering again. Maybe there won't be a party this time, though. That wouldn't be very fun. Finally, I reach Talon's office, and I find that the door is open. He sees me in the doorway, tells me to come in, and asks that I close the door on the way in. Once the door is closed, I sit down, and Talon takes a deep breath, before beginning my synopsis.

"So, as I told you yesterday, this is a political mission. There is no other reason that you are taking out Brendon Urie than political reasons. He's the leader of the Underworld, and our client wants their people in that position instead. Your weapon is yours to choose, as is your getaway artist, though I'm pretty sure you're gonna pick-"

"Chae-Won."

"How did I guess? Anyway, Chae-Won it is. As I said, you get to pick your weapon, since you are proficient in many different weapons. Chae-Won will not go down into the Underworld with you like the last time, but she will wait by the portal, so try not to take too long, okay? Anyway, this is pretty much a repeat of the last time, except you are going solo this time. Again, there will be a party on Saturday that you will be attending, and we have your fake invitation right here," Talon explains, handing me the piece of cardstock. It looks like an official invitation, but I have to ask.

"So, this isn't like a Jay Gatsby party where certain people get an invite and then everyone else just sort of shows up?" I ask, and Talon shrugs.

"If you notice that the party is going like that, you can get rid of the invite if you like. Keep it with you, though, just in case. Anyway, tonight you and Chae-Won will head to the portal so that you can get to the Underworld by the time the party starts. Once you are there...well, take out the target and try not to get caught or killed doing it," Talon says, and I nod. "There's another thing. He hasn't been entirely trusting since Sarah's death, so if you choose a weapon that requires a close proximity-"

"I'll just show a little skin. It's worked before," I say, and Talon smiles.

"Whatever you have to do, Mona Lisa. I'm expecting you'll come back with good news. Don't disappoint me," Talon says, and I nod, and he tells me I can go back to my apartment and get ready for tonight. Well, what the fuck am I supposed to do until then? The only thing I can think of it get my outfit ready for then, so I guess that'll work. I go to my closet and look at the outfits I've already created, but once I decide that none of them are what I want, I pick a blank outfit. I first decide on my hair and eyes, since that'll decide what outfit I wanna go with. After much deliberation, I go with black hair that I'll put in some sort of updo, and my eyes are an icy blue. Speaking of blue...I take my white jumpsuit, and the dress automatically begins to change into a design I haven't ever tried before. The whole dress is royal blue, a color that I don't usually try. The top is lacy and comes to a halter top, with a blue fabric belt and the bottom is loose and slightly plaited, making it easy to move in. This is gonna be absolutely lit.