𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚

The rain just gets heavier by the second, and soon enough, it turns into a complete downpour, so heavy that the streets are instantly covered in water, it beats loudly against the roof of the car, sounding like some crazy drummer.

I gaze through the window, the glass beaded and slightly foggy making it hard to see, the traffic is slowing down to an almost standstill due to the stormy weather, the driver, an old man who seems far too old to be driving, sits calmly unbothered by the traffic, wrinkly fingers keep repeatedly tapping against the steering wheel, humming to 80s rock hit songs that's been playing nonstop for the last two hours.

Lucky for me cause it happens to be one of my favourite genres, according to an online quiz I took a while ago, turns out I'm apparently an old soul, cause I do tend to like things that are old, old books, old movies, heck I even like old people!

I struggle to keep my eyes open, my eyelids starting to weigh tons all of a sudden, traveling for twenty-something hours straight left me exhausted, it feels like my whole body aches, and the throbbing of my head feels like it's worsening by the second, like hammers pounding against my skull, I guess I'm experiencing jet lag for the first time in my life and it seriously sucks!

I mean it's not like I was prepared to get shipped to a country all the way across the globe to attend school! I mean a heads-up would've been nice, I don't even know what's in my suitcase for that matter, I was literally dragged at 3 am from bed, by two giant men in suits, I saw my aunt and her boyfriend standing by the stare case, neither of them said or moved to do anything, I struggled to hold back the tears as I got pushed into a black SUV and driven to an airport, I was somewhat hoping for the TSA officer to say something, but she merely nodded at the two guards and proceeded to let us through.

Apparently, I am the only party that has not consented to this abduction!

I know I shouldn't have trusted my aunt's new boyfriend, now I don't feel guilty for not standing the guy, I'm pretty sure he had a hand in this, no! I bet it was all him, my aunt wouldn't just do this to me on her own! But then again why would she do it anyway? we had a pretty good relationship, or at least I thought we did?

I guess this is how people develop trust issues, am I late to join the club?

I don't notice that the car has moved until I open my eyes and catch a glimpse of my surroundings, the car turns into a much less busy street with little to no traffic, I'm half awake at this point, and it feels like in a couple of seconds, we're now in the middle of a one-lane road with one beat-up old truck being the only vehicle around, never-ending landscapes surrounding the area and I'm surprised that such a place as this one exists just a few miles away from the very busy streets of London.

The sun has completely gone down by now, leaving a dark night sky, it's completely pitch black, the moon is nowhere in sight most likely hidden behind the many dark clouds since the weather seems to get worse and worse by the second. The car takes another turn and it's now rolling down a deserted dirt road surrounded by long trees and thick bushes, a few bumps and swirls ahead, a high iron fence appears, surrounding the thick forest.

In a way, it resembles a cliché scene from a horror movie, I bet anybody else would be considering the possibility of an awaiting murder ahead, but I'm too tired to care at this point... Plus this old man does not carry the serial killer vibe... I would know, I've read far too many serial killer related books than I would like to admit.