Chapter 2: The News

" Okay, let's walk and talk, I need to go to find out whose class I'm in, then to that class, then unpack..." Interrupted again but this time by Leila.
"I know, so let's go. Okay what do you want to start with good, bad or okayish?"
"Bad, okayish, then good" I say.
"Good it is then" Leila says. All I do is sigh and smile.
" Ryder broke up with Emma Reynolds!" Leila exclaimed
"No ways!"I say excitedly
"The bad is that he is now dating Jessica Rahlit. (Pronounced: Raw - lit)" Leila says flatly
"I saw it coming." I saw sadly, like I had a chance.
" Okay now the worst, is that Tera Patrick is returning." She says cautiously.
I immediately flat line.

Tera Patrick
Enemies. Beautiful. Okay so, Tera the terroriser is absolutely beautiful. But she and I always just never got along. In grade 3, she threw my stationery in the bin. She pansed me in front of the whole school. She terrorised me. She'd always manage to ruin my day. Always. She was my very own personal bully.

BACK TO REALITY:
Leila seeing my face immediately led me into the nearest bathroom. We then did our breathing exercises.
"When will she be here?" I ask.
"My sources told me that she will be here today." Leila says.
Then the saying: Speak of the devil and he shall appear, really was true because the devil herself walked in.

Confrontation

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the church girl, Brooklyn." Tera says snottily.
"T-T-Tera, you're back And just because I go to church and I'm Catholic, does NOT mean I'm good little church girl for the last time." I put my hand over my mouth.
"I'm sure you missed me, right Brooklyn and Leila." She still is so snotty.
"Oh wow, Tera notices someone other than herself." Leila says sarcastically.
"Well, Leila, still got an accent I see." Tera says smugly, even though Leila has no accent at all.
"Well Tera, still a b**ch, I see," Leila says.
We all know at this school that Tera has always been the prettiest. With her looks I'm surprised she hasn't landed herself a job modelling.
"Oh, well, we can't all be jealous, do stop Leila."Tera commands.
Then she just walks out, cool and calm.
Something tells me that Jessica and Ryder aren't going to be dating for long. Maybe I should alert Rye....

********#********

The Classroom

As I make my way to my new hell room. Which is Mrs. Scotts class. She's going to be my new English teacher. I realize I haven't checked whose class Tera's in. But she'll probably be in 10H, as she's new.
**********
"Oh erm gee, Tera!! You're back!! And in my class!!" I hear Kayren squeal. I inwardly cry. Legit. I go in the class but right to the back sadly Tera sees me and decided to talk to me.
"Uhm, hi Brooklyn, about the bathroom, I'm sorry." She says nervously.
I stand there shocked. Absolutely shocked. I just look at her. Mouth hanging on the floor. Bipolar much?
" Look, Brooklyn, I know you won't forgive that easily but I will try my best to make it up." She says confidently.
Her acting has improved.
Everyone in the class right are just looking at us. Including Ryder. Wow, the uniform does look good on him.
Anyway, Tera starts to walk away but I stop her, let's put drama to use. "Tera, uhm, look, it's cool. New year calls for new beginnings. "
" You really forgive me?? I thought after everything I did, you never ever forgive me." She says.
"Na, I can't hold a grudge, because if I do something similar, I would like that person to forgive me,"I say, fake shyly.
Everyone starts clapping for me. I feel proud but don't smile smugly.

Friendship Begins.

A/N: just wanted you guys to know that in most schools where I live, there aren't any cafeterias.

Back to the story

I walk out to Leila and I's normal place. Since Leila is coming from P.E. she going to get here in about 5 minutes. So while waiting I organise my playlist by artist as I have over 300 songs.
Then a message comes through:

Hi.😃. 10:25
Brook.😃
Good to see u.😉

I respond:
10:26 Who are u?

Unknown responds:
U know who. 10:27

"Brook, you told me not to text a lot but look who's texting non stop now," Leila says, startling me.
"Hey, Leila, do you..." Interrupted again but this time by Tera.
"Hey Brook. Hey Leila. Would you mind if I sit with you guys?" Tera says.
I just see Leila go red.
" Sorry my bags are sitting there." Leila says.
"Uhm, Leila, uhm. Tera apologised, sorry it slipped my mind," I say frantically.
Leila laughs. Loud.

"I won't believe it until I hear it." Leila says while laughing.

Okay, don't worry, Brooklyn I'll apologise. Look Leila. I get you're angry but I hope you'll forgive me."
"Fine, fine, before you get all sappy on me," Leila said.
An awkward moment passed before I said: "Why don't you sit down and eat with us, Tera."
"Oh yah, okay, so let's eat and share all the gossip we've heard,"Tera says excitedly.
" Now you're speaking my language," Leila and I say at the same time.
We all giggle and share gossip until the depressing bell rang. Who knew Tera could be fun but there's nagging feeling telling me otherwise.

**********

After lunch Tera, Leila and I all had Afrikaans together. Which was horrid. Did I mention that Afrikaans is a South African language that is similar to Dutch.

I woke up with a skip in my step the next morning, next to my brother who was still asleep, even though it was a Wednesday morning. I went to shower before he woke up. I took a quick 15 minute shower. By the time I finished change into my uniform (urgh!) Rye was already in the kitchen eating. My siblings and I make our own breakfast since we are old enough. My breakfast is normally toast or cereal with a cup of black tea.

Once we were done, my dad dropped my siblings and I off at our schools. Nalisha at her primary school, and me and Rye at our high school.

By the end of the school day I was knackered. My mom came to pick us up. I could barely speak.

When we got home. I went straight to the kitchen. I've got a fast metabolism. I was eating my toast with Nutella when I remembered the WhatsApp message I got. I look at the profile picture but it was a electrified skateboard. Lord please don't tell me, Nalisha. (Sister, Grade 7), gave my number to some weirdo.

I text this person again:
15:45 Who r u??

Unknown responds:
I can only tell that I go 2 the same school as u. 15:46

As I am about to block this person, unknown texts:

I've seen u look @ me in the hallways 😉😉😉😏😎.

The only person I stare at is Ryder....