Task One - The Square - Females

Start from the beginning

“Wish me luck!” She called as she crawled back up the wall. Daniel called back to her before turning to me.

“You certain she can do it?”

“Absolutely.” Hopefully.

We waited for a while, I hate to say that we were just twiddling our thumbs, but we had nothing else to do. My shotgun was useless against the Peacekeeper army, and Daniel fought best with battle-axes, so we just had to wait and hope Ayesha didn’t die while she was jumping across roofs. Which is why we both nearly jumped when her voice crackled through the communicator.

“Pyrite, Daniel. I’m close.”

“You close enough to throw the bomb?” I asked.

“Probably. As close as I can get.”

“Good. Throw it.”

“You sure?” she asked with a shake in her voice.

“Definitely.” Her line cut off, and Daniel and I peered around the wall, counting down together.

“Four, three, two, one…”

To say that the boom that ensued was loud would be an understatement. For a long moment, the only thing I could see was a blinding, painful light accompanied a second later with a blazing heat. Of course, the explosion didn’t reach the rebel section of the square, and judging by the sound of toppling building I would say the Peacekeepers would have a fair obstacle in their way.

Unfortunately, an unavoidable side effect with explosive warfare is small projectile pieces of singed body, including the ear that landed on Daniel.

The confusion let up and everyone resumed their fighting, but the shots were audibly less. Once Ayesha, still shaking and yelling more than before, had joined us we ran across to the seafood restaurant a few shops down (The others had finally gotten their act together and decided on a base.). Everyone was shaken and a lot were missing, but after a few minutes the fighting finished.

“Everyone, report in!” Yelled the Capitol woman. A chorus of groans and grunts echoed underneath, but no one complained. An older man hobbled over to me, cradling his arm as he went.

“Could you help? I seem to have been shot,” he asked, uncovering his arm. I jumped up to him.

“Of course! You just sit down over here,” I exclaimed as I made space on a dining chair.

“Thank you, dear. Have you ever learnt healing?” He asked, probably just to distract himself.

“Yes, my sister was training to be a Capitol doctor.” Lie. I don’t have a sister. I started pealing back the sleeve of his shirt.

“Ah, wonderful! At which hospital did she want to work?”

“Oh, you know the one to the north?”

“Splendour Hospital?”

“That’s the one!” Lie. I didn’t know they gave such pretty names to places where ugly people go.

“Well I hope she finds something to do with her time.”

“Me too.” I found he exact wound, and started walking off to find some supplies.

“Wait, what was your name again?” He asked.

“Pyrite.” Lie. 

DISTRICT TWO - Briar Denmark

NO ENTRY