What A Wonderful Day

The Screenshot Below is from the chapter before this one, 'Dianna's Day'

"Say wassup, daddy" Rocky walked around shirtless, eating a popsicle.

I smirked. "You went from hi to wassup in three days?"

He cheesed. "Hi, daddy"

"Hey, Rakim"

"Wah-kee" He grabbed my hand and brought me over to the tv to sit with him.

I slid down onto the floor. "Your birthday is days away"

He stuck his thumb in his mouth and stood beside me and when I tried to pull it out, he hollered. "Ow, daddy!"

"That didn't even hurt" I said.

He stuck his lip out, and started to cry.

"Alright, I'm sorry"

He sniffed and pulled it together, shoving his thumb back into his mouth.

The tv hypnotized him.

"You watch too much tv" I said. "We might have to cut these hours"

"Noo" He whined and walked up on the television, placing his hand on it.

His baby sitter walked up to him, and handed him a juice. "What is it, Rocky?" She asked.

He took a long drink before popping the sippy cup out of his mouth. "APPLE!!!" He declared, dancing around in a little circle.

He walked up to me, and pulled down my lip, shaking juice inside.

I was unamused, but he was cackling.

"Alright, I gotta go now" I said and stood up.

"Bye daddy" He hugged my leg.

I scooped him up, and gave him a real hug. "See you later"

He kissed my face, and then I left.

-

I walked through the mall nervous as fuck.

I don't know why I was so nervous, I just was.

My tongue pushed up against my bottom grill and I turned into a store.

No luck.

I sighed heavily and kept it moving.

"Rocky!"

I walked towards the voice and examined the face that belonged to it. "Where's Dianna?" I asked, skeptically.

"Oh, she's trying on a shirt in there" She pointed off towards the back of the store.

I guess that that's where the dressing rooms were.

"...and y'all been cool?" I asked.

Khassidy moved and pressed her lips against mine. "You look so worried, Rocky"