Blood sweat and rain

The slip space rupture made everything look even more gloomy than before and that's pretty impressive considering the city was already in the war. Speaking of war I knew my first priority was to find a weapon so I could defend myself from the covenant bastards. It was going to be a challenge to find a weapon because most of our guns are dark so they will blend in with the darkened city. I took one last look at the pelican me and my squad were in and turned the bend. It lead to an open area with buildings around it... something else in the distance, it was hard to tell because of the rain but it wasn't moving, and it was to big to be a Elite or a Brute. As I walked closer I noticed the different kinds of blood on the ground, Red,purple and blue, I also noticed the destruction in the area. "Jeez did a scarab walk through here or did they just bomb the heck out of this place?" I kept on walking until I made out what the object was. It was a wraith but it was useless since it was destroyed. "Looks like it got hit hard" Wraiths we're supposed to be a deep purple colour but this one was black and full of bullet holes. There was a plasma rifle near it though, so I picked it up. "Oof this thing is heavier than it looks! I hope it still-"... I stopped talking to myself and focused my hearing to what I thought was brutes talking. I hid behind the broken wraith and listened. It was faint but I could hear brutes.

"These humans have been dead for a while! Probably even before the scarab attacked" "Well it won't be the best thing but if you gotta eat then you gotta eat, do you want the arm or the leg?" "Fool! Obviously the legs! They carry more meat!"

Those bastards! I thought to myself. They were in the building about 12 meters ahead of me. I was thinking of killing them but I still didn't know if this plasma rifle was still working. "Wait what am I thinking! Those pricks are invading my home! I'm not gonna take it!" I got up and pulled a frag grenade from my belt. I carefully walked to the doorway and peeked inside and saw 2 brutes chomping away at the dead marines that looked like they weren't even 25. I sneaked up behind them, pulled the pin,set it down, then quietly ran outside. BOOM! It echoed through the building to the rainy outside. 1 brute got blown to bits while the other was just severely injured, I showed no fear when I walked up to him, as I knew he was to hurt to do anything to me. "You know I always thought you pricks were worthless but you actually serve me a purpose! Want to know what that is?" The Brute glared at him a let out a small growl. "You can let me know if this plasma rifle still works" Pulled the trigger and it shot out fast hot rounds of plasma right in the brutes face. "Woah that felt... good" I had a slight smile but it quickly faded when I saw the dead,mangled marines. "Sorry guys... but there's no worries now" I noticed there were some stairs to my right so I wiped the sweat off my face and climbed to the stairs. As I climbed I noticed a different kind of blood on the floor, it was blue and it wasn't just in one area it was actually leading somewhere. I climbed and there was more light blue blood to my left going up more stares, so I followed it until I saw something sitting up against the wall. I approached it hoping it wouldn't make my blood a trail to follow.