Grounded

The centre of the city was a covenant hot spot, our orders were to clear them out, sounds simple but trust me it's not, especially when they have guns capable of burning the flesh. I heard one my my squad mates taking "uh sir? Why is the in amber clad following that covenant cruiser?" "Hmm unless they are suicidal I don't know. In amber clad this is pelican 062 do you copy?" *Static*..... "Sargent! Fol-ow u- qui-k!"
"That didn't sound good"I said. "Yeah it didn't.. The static didn't help either..." "sir I heard them say follow quick" why would they want us to follow them? They are leaving the centre of the city, I thought. We watched them follow the covenant cruiser until BOOM! A flash of white light exploded out. "OH CRAP ITS A SLIP SPACE RUPTURE! Land the pelican now before the shockwave hits us! "Okay sir approac* It was sudden and heavy, two of our guys fell out of the pelican... including the pilot due to the broken window. This is it, this is how I'm gonna die... in my city on my planet. I closed my eyes and smiled slightly.

*BOOM* SCREEEEEECHHHH* BANG*!!

I opened my eyes and saw light... but it wasn't white it was yellow. I rubbed my eyes and saw fire from the pelican. I was about 10 meters away from it. "I'm... I'm still alive! Sorry mom and dad but I can't see you after all." I felt sad but also happy because I could still take my home back. "Actually maybe I can't... not without my squad and a weapon." I stood up and shook the debris and blood off of me... and started to walk further into my dark and destroyed home.