"Why?" I asked her nonchalantly. She just continued snickering and I sighed. Giving in to her weird antics, I picked up the rubber band and paper. "Fine." I muttered to her.  I placed the paper on the rubber band and noticed small writing on it. I thought nothing of it, figuring it was just scratch paper.  I launched it at him, internally groaning right afterwards.

! S N A P !

"Oww..." I heard an angry grumble and he turned around to look in my direction. He picked up the paper projectile and got ready to launch it when he suddenly stopped and put the rubber band down, still holding the folder paper. His face was written with one of confusion, curiosity, and shock all at one. He unfolded the paper completely and stared at it, starting to blush.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What was on that paper Hanji had me flick at him? He turned his back from me in his seat and continued his notes on the lesson. I turned around to question Hanji, but she was laughing and smiling evily to herself. "Shitty glasses, what was on that paper?" I asked her, angrily. She replied with a blunt no and I turned around, continuing my car counting.  Blue, white, red.. I thought to myself.

[-Time skip until after lunch-]

I was walking towards my locker to retrieve my textbooks, but got stopped by Eren. He was blushing and stuttered something that sounded like, 'here you go' and handed me a folded paper. After that he rushed off. I opened the paper and started to read it to myself.

'Eren, I enjoyed hanging out with you the other day. Grab some coffee with me sometime?'

I groaned to myself, I'm gonna fucking END shitty glasses. I turned the paper on the back and my eyes widened with shock.

☆Yeah, that'd be great.☆

I heard a shriek behind me and I almost screamed in shock. "Four eyes, I'm going to fucking strangle you!" I shouted angrily at her. She just laughed and waved it off, dismissing my aggressiveness.  "You'll thank me later, Ravioli."

I groaned and resisted the urge to shove her in a locker. "Let's just get to class." I muttered, still furious with her. We walked in silence until we came up to a hallway intersecting ours. Right before turning, I heard a muffled cry followed by, "Would you just shut it Jaeger? No ones going to hear your faggot screams."

I recognized the voice as Jean. I bolted down the hallway in time to almost watch Jean pummel Eren's face even farther into the ground. I gripped Jean by the hair, pulling him off of beating Eren.

"I beg to differ." I hissed at him. I slammed my fist into his face before shoving him into a locker roughly. I gave him an unforgettable glare and four eyes looked at him and said laughing, "Ohh, if I were you, I'd run! Giddy up horsy!" He sprinted down the hallway and turned sharply into a bathroom. 

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, why does that brat always get into trouble? I crouched down to the beaten boy beside me and lifted him into a position where his head was against my chest. "Are you alright?" I asked him gently. "Yeah, I think my heart is in my esophagus, but other than that, I'm okay." He muttered, snorting at his own joke. I tched and looked down at him, checking for bruises. Of course there were some, but I wouldn't have expected them to be that bad.

Helping him to his feet, he muttered a thanks to me. "It's okay, want me to walk with you to your next class? I'm skipping next hour anyway." I offered to him, shrugging my shoulders. "Okay, but let me get my textbooks first." I nodded and followed him quietly to his locker. He messed around with his lock for a second before opening it.

Inside the door of his locker were pictures of him and two girls. One  with black hair, who sort of resembled me in a way, and one with brown hair, who looked a lot like Eren. "Is that your mom?" I asked, curiously. A look of pain and sorrow flashed across his face before he quickly smiled, covering up his previous emotion.

"Yeah, that's me, my mom, and my adopted sister, Mikasa." He said, pointing each one out to me. "Oh." I  muttered. Wait, why am I even curious who he's with in the first place? I barely even know him.  I thought to myself.  I shrugged to myself and walked this brat to his class and left the school.

I walked around the back of the school and leaned on the abandoned swingset. I pulled out a cigarette and sighed, letting the toxic smoke escape my lips. I knew smoking was a bad habit, but it helped. Taking another long drag from the slow suicide of a drug, I looked out across the school and my mind drifted off.

[- Time skip until after school - ]

"You have math club today, right?"  Four eyes asked me. I didn't say anything,  I just nodded at her. "Oh, okay then. I'll come pick you up at six for our shift at the coffee shop." She told me. "Alright. " I replied. I turned on my heel and walked to the library for math club.

"Alright, Levi's here. We can get started now everyone." Erwin, our club leader, was a very strong, born natural leader.  We also happened to have the same working shift. Currently for me, Erwin was a very tolerable person. He had a passion for school,  was clean, polite, and an all around great guy, it was hard to hate him.

He and some other student were the only two to make honor role this year. Some blond coconut-head like kid. They could soo fuck. I snorted quietly to myself at my own joke, but was somehow heard. "Levi,  is there something you'd like to tell us?" Erwin gave me a serious look.  "Nope." I said bluntly, popping the 'p'. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy math club, but sometimes it would get boring.  Erwin probably didn't help either.  His voice practically lulls me into a deep sleep. 

After about two hours of memorizing math material, it was time to leave. I stood up and grabbed my bag,  muttering a goodbye to Erwin and left the library.  My head collided with someone's chest, and I looked up with a scowl on my face, about to tch. "S-sorry." My scowl dropped as my steel eyes met Eren's turquoise ones.

"Why do we keep meeting like this? "I muttered.  Eren nervously laughed and scratched the back of his head nervously.  I should probably reject this brat while I have the chance, I thought to myself.

"Oh, and Eren." I paused, sighing. "I can't go out for coffee with you.  Hanji made me fling that paper at you. I didnt know that there was any writing on it. Sorry." I told him, hoping he wouldn't burst into tears on the spot. He slowly nodded, taking in what I said. "Can we at least be friends?" He asked me, hopefully.  I sighed and contemplated it. What harm could this do?

"Sure." And with that, I turned heel once again and left the school building for my shift with Hanji at the coffee shop.

[1861 words,  holy FUCK.]